Chapter 14

Waking up to the heavenly smell of Bacon, I pulled the cover off me and trotted downstairs. When I reached the kitchen, Matt wasn't there. Bacon, Egg and Sausage was cooking on the stove. I turned the stove off and walked into the living room to find Matt. "Matt?" I called.

Hearing a small bang, I spun toward the direction the sound came from. It was out in the hall way. "Ah, nice of you to join us."

"Silas!" I panicked. Matt was on the floor beside him with his neck snapped and blood dripping. "You dick!" I screamed and ran toward Matts lifeless body. Silas grabbed my arm and pulled me back up.

"This is what happens when you mess with me." He spat into my hair. I turned my head away and close me eyes.

"My brother will get you for this!" I threatened.

"What? Jeremy Gilbert?" He scoffed, "please. What will he do to me?"

"I- he'll kill you!" I screamed. Just before Silas to answer Matt gasped and sat up. "Matt!"

"What is it with people in this town? do they just not want to die." Silas dropped me and kicked Matt in the face. "Well...if I can't kill you. I'll cause you endless pain. Seems fair?" he cocked his head to the right.

The sound of a car pulling up in the drive way distracted me from Matt, and I ran to the door as fast as I could. "Help!" I screamed hoping someone would save me.

"Maddy?" Jeremy ran up to the door. "What's going on?"

"Quick help!" he opened the door and ran in.

"Maddison, what's going on?" he questioned, stopping me in my tracks.

"Silas is here. He killed Matt and -"

"He killed Matt?!" Jeremy gawked.

"No it's fine he's alive. The ring you know." I explained.

"If Silas was here wouldn't he of killed us by now?" Jeremy asked.

I stepped back slowly, Jer came closer. "stay back!" I warned. Realisation set in. He's right, Silas would have killed me by now.

"What? Mads don't be stupid!" he came closer again. "it's me. I promise."

I walked backward, into the room Matt was in and kept an eye on Jer/Silas. "Well don't you think that's something Silas would say!"

"Maddy watch out!" Jeremy screamed.

I felt a agonising hit on my head and everyone went black.

Waking up, I saw Jer and Matt tied up in front of me, along with Damon. How did he get Damon here?

I stood up and looked around. Silas was sitting in the chair in the corner. "What's going on?" I asked. "Why are they here?"

"It's simple really." He chuckled to himself. "You have a connection with all of them. choose."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Choose. one of them can live." he smiled. "And that's me being nice."

"I can't choose. I wont!" I raised my voice. Matt was awake and Jer was waking up. Damon was barely awake and looked drained. "what have you don't to him?"

"I've vervained him multiple times and drained about 2 litres of his blood." Silas said, seeming happy with himself.

"Oh my God, Damon I'm so sorry!" I hoped he could here me. Then turning to Silas I said, "Why are you doing this to them?"

"Entertainment."

"That's sick!" I walked over to Matt. "You okay?"

"I'm fine. it's fine, I get it. Choose Jer. He's your brother." Matt smiled helplessly.

"I'm not choosing anyboy." then I walked over to Damon and put a hand on his face. "What's he done to you huh?"

"Well well. look at you two." Silas smiled. "Looking all cosy there. I thought he was with your sister?"

I pulled my hand away from Damon's face and looked down at the floor. He was right. What was I doing?

"I'm going out to find myself a meal." Silas said, "don't even try to save them. It won't work. A witch will be guarding the door."

After about 10 minutes, the witch spoke, "It's a shame really." he said.

"What is?" I asked.

"You have to choose. I mean for a normal person it would be easy. They would save their brother. But for a whore I mean, too many options." he laughed.

"For a what?" I stood up and clenched my fists.

"Hey! Maddy." Damon called. "Don't. He's trying to get to you!"

"Well it's working." I held back.

"I can't protect you right now so can you just listen!" he warned.

"Fine. But as soon as this is all over..."

"As soon as this is all over what?" the witch moaned.

"As soon as this is all over, I will make you suffer a very. painful. death." I got in his face.

I got lift off my feet and flung into a wall mirror. Damon, Matt and Jeremy screamed my name in syncs as I hit the wall and It smashed and glass stuck in me. "Ah, you prick!" I cringed through the pain.

"There's plenty more where that came from!" the witch told me and turned toward the door.

I slowly got to me feet and pulled the piece if glass out my let, blood flowed out and I gasped. Damon's veins came out a little but he controlled it.

With the glass still in my hand I ran as fast as I could with a bleeding leg, and jumped on the witch. It obviously surprised him as he didn't react. The glass stabbed right into his neck and he slumped onto the floor.

Dried and wet blood covered my face and ripped the bottom of my shirt to get the fabric. I wrapped it round my wound and limped over the Damon, making him take my blood.

"No, i'll take too much!" he shook his head.

"Just take it. Please." I started getting dizzy.

"Just untie me and i'll find my own blood. Before you pass out and this gets a whole lot worse." Damon reasoned with me and I obeyed.

Once they were all untied, I walked over to Matt. "I'm sorry, I never thought this would happen."

"Mads, I'm used to it." He laughed. "Let's get out of here."

Jeremy began to say something but the dizziness took over and I passed out. Again.