Chapter 135 - Therapy

At the end of the two show day, I was walking around with Lilly, figuring out who was stage dooring. Her job was to go room to room and ask, then once she had a list, to read it off at the door. She knocked on my dads door.

"Yep!" I heard his voice, and Lilly slowly opened the door.

"Hi, uh, are you two stage dooring?" She asked, and I stood off to the side.

"Always." Rory smiled at her.

"Yeah, I mean, Abi hates it, but yeah." Lin smiled at me.

"I don't hate it, it's just, it's cold outside, and there's a lot of screaming."

"Yes there is a lot of screaming Mija, can you help me with something?" He asked me, and I nodded.

"Alright, Lilly, you'll be okay to finish?" I asked.

"Yeah, thanks." She said, and turned to leave.

"Alright, what do you need help with?" I asked.

"Can you load the mail into my backpack?" He asked, referring to the mail pile in the corner, "I've been putting it off for like, a week, and it came back to bite me."

"Yeah, of course I can." I said and bent down with his backpack, and started loading the obsessive amount of mail into his backpack.

"You can wait on the boxes. I think I'll procrastinate on those a little longer.

"Alright." I said, pilling all of the boxes and setting them aside.

After a couple minutes I had finished, and I was pulling my own backpack on.

"Alright Kiddo." Lin said, taking my hand and pulling me towards the door.

I was standing off to the side as he was signing things, I looked out into the crowd of people and my heart splashed into my stomach.

"Dad?" I whispered.

"Yeah Mija?" He said handing someone's book back to them.

"Mr. Uh... Mr." I fumbled my words, and ended up shyly pointing to Mr. Walter standing in the mass of people.

"Okay, uh, let's go." He said pulling me in front of him. He walked me out of the barricaded area, and started to walk the two of us back to the car. He drove home and I sat in the front seat, hugging my backpack. "Hun you alright?" He asked, turning into the apartment building's parking lot.

"I'm fine." I whispered.

"Sweetheart, please stop saying you're fine, I can tell that you're not."

"Then why do you keep asking?" I asked

"Just trying to help." He said, parking the car.

"I know. It's just, I don't know." I admitted, getting out of the car. "He's gonna follow me for the rest of my life, Somethings going to follow me for the rest of my life. What's the point in running from it anymore."

"Shh." He came around the car, and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "let's go inside, and I'll make popcorn, we can watch Harry Potter."

"Dad, it's 10:47." I said, getting in the elevator. "I think Seb will hear Harry Potter." I said.

"You make a point Mija." He said, and the car stopped on our floor. "You don't have to go to bed right away though." He allowed. "I'll stay up with you, we can reply to fan mail, or, something else." He tried to think of ideas.

"Are you trying to think of ways to get around me going to bed?" I asked, following him into our apartment.

"Sort of." He admitted.