Cнapтer 08

(Ana's POV)

September 15, 2015

"A secret's worth depends on the people from whom it must be kept." Carlos Ruiz Zafón

_____________________

I woke to the sound of the front door slamming. My alarm clock read 5:00, 30 minutes early than the time I was supposed to wake up. I groaned and tried to fall asleep but it was useless. Thanks a lot! I sat up and stumbled into the shower. I groaned as I remembered that Marcus would have to come to school with me. GREAT.

Then I remembered I had to work with Josh today! EVEN BETTER! Fudging chickens always ruining my day! I dressed in my nerd outfit and grabbed my backpack and books. Walking downstairs, I started when I saw Marcus sitting at the table and drinking some coffee. He stayed the night?

What? Did I miss something? I walked passed him and grabbed some peach oatmeal. It was silent for a few minutes before I asked him what class he was supposed to be substituting.

"AP Human Geography." Marcus said. I rolled my eyes and checked the clock. It was fudging 6:45. Oh well.

I ran upstairs to brush my teeth and then practically dragged Marcus to his car. We got to school at 7:00, 30 minutes early. I got a text from Gigi.

Hey, I won't be at school today, I have a cold. Have fun! Muahahahaha! X - G

Rolling my eyes at her childishness, I put my bag in homeroom and opened Wattpad. What to read, what to read..... I tapped my foot on the floor as I scrolled, finally stopping at a randomly chosen book. I guess I'll check out this one. Ten minutes passed and I was hooked. I was turning to chapter 15 when my phone started playing No Broken Hearts. Emma's ringtone. I answered.

"Emma? What's the matter?" I asked.

"Nothing Ana, actually, I have good news. The doctor says I can be discharged in a few more days!" Emma said, a smile in her voice.

I smiled happily. "That is definitely good news! I can't wait to have you back here!" I crowed with joy.

"I know! I feel a lot better but that might just be the drugs they gave me... who knows!" Emma admitted, making me giggle. The clock read 7:20. Ten minutes until the bell. People would be arriving soon.

"Hey, I have to go, see you tonight.... Bambi." I drawled making Emma groan.

"You KNOW I hate that name!" Emma bellowed, making me laugh hysterically. "Bye....Chunky Bunny!" Emma burst out laughing and hung up on me. I glared at the phone. IT WAS ONE TIME!!!

People began pouring into the classroom, including Lucas who came and sat by me.

"Hey chipmunk-" What is up with the nicknames today?????? "Where's Gigi?" Lucas questioned curiously.

"She got a cold. Why chipmunk?" I replied.

"Why not?" He grinned at me and I almost swooned at his handsomeness- wait what!

I humphed and crossed my arms. The homeroom teacher took attendance and Louis and I began quizzing each other for the math test. I am so ready for this test! Not. Get real people! Just because I'm a nerd with good grades doesn't mean tests don't freak me out.

If you can't tell, I'm giving you the stink eye right now for judging. The bell rang and it was time for first period. I headed to the math room and started tapping my foot impatiently. Josh came in, followed by Travis and Aaron. Aaron isn't that bad of a kid, he just dates the wrong girls and hangs out with the wrong guys.