CHAPTER 25: A SCAR THAT EVOKES A PAINFUL PAST

Chapter 25: Scar that Evokes the A Painful Past

"Why do you keep on writing those letters —" Khael paused for a while at maiging tiningnan ang taong iyon. We had the same culprit in mind but we have different ways of identifying him.

"Why do you keep on writing those letters Justin?", he asked at nagulat naman ang may-ari ng pangalang kanyang tinawag.

"What are you saying Khael? Hindi naman porke't isa kang sikat na high school detective dito sa Athena ay pwede ka ng manturo ng kung sino mang gusto mong maging salarin?", Justin said at tumawa ng mapakla.

"Bridle's famous detective said it too", Khael answered at bahagyang tiningnan ako. The people began whispering aboit me. They can't believe that I'm a detectve too.

"Aheeem. Detective Group. We're called the Detective Triumvirate", wika ni Jeremy. Sumingit pa talaga ito. I glared at him at nginitian niya lang ako ng matamis.

"Right. Bridle's famous detective group would agree on me", pagtatama ni Khael sa unang sinabi niya.

"Paanong naging si Justin? Aren't he a victim too? Siya ang siniraan sa sulat na natanggap ni Jewel", Clarisse said.

"We have this what we call as play the victim? He disguised himself as a victim to hide his real identity."

"Are you saying that he sent a letter to his girlfriend Jewel at siniraan ang sarili niya?", nalilitong tanong ni Jules. "It doesn't make sense."

"Exactly. But if we assume that he wanted to be out of that relationship but unfortunately, Jewel wouldn't agree at nagbanta ng suicide so he deviced a plan like this. It's clear to see that her girlfriend is suicidal kaya ito ang naisip mong paraan para siya na mismo ang makipaghiwalay sa iyo", wika ko na mas lalong nakapagtangis ng bagang ni Justin.

"Ano ba ang pinagsasabi ninyo?", patay malisyang tanong nito. He would deny every word that we'll say.

"Why don't we start with the physical evidence. Look at these letters from the letter sender, pansinin ninyo ang espayo before the indented first word. It's a sort of habit of you Justin. Ikumpara mo ang mga sulat sa school projects mo. It's no doubt that only you got that typing habit", paliwanag ni Khael. Justin laughed.

"Is that your only basis? What if the real cultlprit deliberately copied my typing habit to put the blame on me?"

"It's no doubt that you're the culprit. You're having an affair with Moira right? Kaya gusto mo ng makipaghiwalay kay Jewel", wika ko. He looked at me angrily.

"I told you that I'm not! How would I be the poison-pen writer? Biktima lamang ako! How about the letter J pattern? Ano naman ang koneksyon niyon?", he asked which made Khael flashed a victorious smile.

"I'm not surprised that you said something about the pattern. That's where you want to mislead us. There's no pattern at all. You just saw the oppurtunity of having a J pattern since your name and Jewel's start on J. Maari ring alam mo ang hatred ni Clarisse kay Jules that's why you used the J pattern to make it look that she did it", Khael said.

"Of course not!"

"Maybe Jewel find out that you could possibly be the one who sent the letter kaya dinamay mo na ang iba, of course of the same circle para makarating iyon kay Jewel and and she would clear your suspicions on you", wika ko. It's certainly Justin.

"Another point is Moira. Your accusations to others are not true, yet the one you wrote for Jessica is true. Marahil ay nagkakaroon na sila ng problema sa bahay and your letter triggered some emotions which made her commit suicide. Jessica and Moira are friends, or atleast they exchange text messages", wika ni Khael. Naikwento ko na sa kanya nang mabangga ko si Moira kanina which strenghtens his suspicions about Justin.