Chapter 6

Desert passed by quickly, I knew he was pissed at me for calling him by a title rather than what he wanted which was Jason.  I could almost see the gears in his head turning as his jaw tightened and his shoulders were tense. Even when furious he looks attractive.

Looking down at the slice of raspberry cheesecake I had in front of me I almost let out a laugh. All my sister wanted growing up was to be chosen by the alpha king,  little did she know she dodged a bullet with him. Jason is an egotistical, arrogant, selfish fool.  He has a need for control. Before I even  got a taste of the sweet desert I was lifted up by the arm, standing along with Jason as he spoke out to the crowd. 

"Thank you everyone, for your participation on this years choosing ceremony. My chosen; Ella and I, would like to congratulate all of you on your pairing, and we wish you a fruitful and prosperous lifetime together."  His voice carried through the dinning room easily, filling up the air space with its sound. Soon the air was filled with the sound of applause instead of Jason's powerful voice.

"Come, Ella." He stiffly said as he guided me out of the dinning room. Hearing the following footsteps behind us, I'm assuming that it was his beta and third I just ignored it, " your stuff is already packed and you will be riding with me in my car the others will be in theirs as they follow. " speaking as he lead me towards the large doors pushing them open to reveal three black SUVs along with ten; what I'm guessing, warrior wolfs and the three drivers for the vehicles.

Walking towards the first SUV, the driver reached over opening the door to the back seats. Jason stood in front of me using his arm to signal for me to get in. I slide into my seat and Jason follows in next to me, closing the door behind him he starts to turn to face me but I look everywhere other than him.

The tinted windows seemed darker with the low sun light due to the setting sun. I could feel him watching me, I didn't want to look at him.

"Ella," he spoke my name but I still refused to look at him, I wanted to know why he chose me. I'm not the most beautiful looking she-wolf and I'm sure he has had plenty of she-wolves to choose from. I mean I heard stories about it all the time, it was kingdom gossip, I however haven't even been with another wolf in my life, I stayed away from the males, I didn't want them to choose me when we got older, I didn't want to be looked down upon. So hear I was, someone who didn't wear dresses, doesn't have any experience when it comes to guys and average looking.

"Ella. Look at me." His voice spoke out to me once again and finally I whipped my head to look at him, holding a straight face. " I want no more of your disobedience, you are my chosen you will address me by my name, Jason. Not king, not alpha, and not your highness. I will not address this again with you." Once finished he turned to look out his window as the car started to move, keeping my eyes on him I waited for him to say more. But his warning came loud and clear however I just dismissed this. I had questions and now that we had a drive ahead of us I was going to get them.

"How am I suddenly royal."

Turning to look at me he raised an eyebrow at my question. His green eyes locking on to my face.

"Were you not taught about the mating ceremony and how it works?" He asked as if it was the simplest answer there was.

"I was." I say, just like most pups I went to an all werewolf school, there is a must attend class about the mating ceremony, of course the class is split into two classes one for the males and one for the females, but they said nothing of becoming royal. Then again I guess it's because hardly anyone is chosen by a royal so the class more or less talks about ordinary wolves and alphas.