Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Boy or Girl?

I pushed the shopping cart down the isle. Bella held onto the cart and walked with me. Marco was chasing Jason since he kept wanting to run off somewhere. I put a pack of diapers in the cart and two sippy-cups.

"Are we almost done?" Marco asked coming up along side me, holding Jason in his arms.

"Yeah."

"Did you give Jason something before we left? I don't know why he's so hyper."

"No I didn't. He just wants to play."

"Well I don't. Let's hurry up and get out of here."

"Ball." Bella said. I looked down at her and she was pointing to a basket of balls. She walked over to it and grabbed a ball. She came back over to me and reached up to put it in the cart.

"No Bella. We're not getting any toys today." I said putting the ball back.

Bella went back to get it and reached up to put it in the cart again. I sighed and put it back.

"No Bella." She began to cry. "I'm sorry." She fell out in the floor and screamed. I guess this is a tantrum. This is the first one we've had to deal with. "Okay, let's get out of here."

Marco put Jason in the cart and picked up Bella. She still cried and people stared as we walked by. We quickly checked out and left. I strapped Bella and Jason in the car and then got in the passengers seat. Bella had stopped crying and was now only sniffling.

"Well that was interesting." Marco said.

"Shut up. Did you see the way people were staring? They probably thought we had done something to her."

"Kids throw tantrums all the time. They've seen it before, I'm sure."

"If you say so."

We got home and I put the twins down for a nap. We put everything we got from the store away. After, I made myself a banana sandwich with sweet pickles. I grabbed chocolate pudding and went to watch TV. Marco was sitting on the couch watching football. I sat down on the couch next to him. He looked at my sandwich and gave a disgusted look.

"What the hell is that?" He asked me.

"It's my sandwich. I'm hungry."

"Banana and pickle sandwich with chocolate pudding?"

"Yeah."

"You've been eating a lot of strange things lately."

"Sorry that I have weird cravings."

"Were you having cravings like this when you were pregnant with the twins?"

"Only salty foods. And you would know if you were there."

"Well I'm here now."

Marco's P.O.V*

I ignored Bailey's strange cravings and went back to the watching the game. I hope Bailey isn't still upset about me leaving her alone while she was pregnant with the twins. She never said anything, but I'm not sure. I don't think I can apologize enough. I regret not being there and I regret being a total asshole.

The doorbell rang and since Bailey was still eating her sandwich, I got up to answer the door. I open the door to see a girl with very long blonde hair and blue eyes. She had a smile on her face and held a clip board in her hand.

"Hi, I'm selling..." She stopped and stared at me.

"We're not interested." I said, about to close the door.