47~Crown Prince

Vile romance, turned dreams into an empire- New Americana, Halsey 

     I blearily gripped Vincenzo's shirt in my hands, "Where are we." I glanced at the cottages lining the walls. Guards shoved us to the front of the crowd, "Get moving, slaves." they snarled.

    Vincenz's nostrils flared, "Just wait, I think I know where we are." 

     The guards' rough hands roamed my body. The terrified screams and shoves of the slaves pushed me away from Vince. Terror gripped me, "Vince?!" I shouted. A guard pushed me to the ground, "Shut up and follow the rest of the slaves, bitch."

     I swallowed and watched the slaves filter slowly onto the rancid stage. They were paraded around and violated. A slave auction.

     The auctioneer shouted out prices, selling the men, women, and children to wealthy buyers. I slowly walked up to the stage. "A beautiful female." he shouted to the crowd, grabbing my arm. I growled and ripped his arm away. A shadow caught my eye, filtering in and out of the crowd. Vincenzo. He subtly shook his head at me. 

    This time I didn't snarl at the auctioneer when he pulled me to the front. "She's in her prime, the perfect whore for any of you!" he shouted.

    A young man stepped up, "Ten-thousand gold pieces!" he shouted, smirking roguishly at me. No one else bid against the outrageous price. "A beautiful female, sold to the Crown Prince."

     My eyes raised to the supposed Prince's strange orange ones. He stood up, slowly walking to me. Vincenzo shook from where he was standing. He nodded twice at me, smiling. I grinned, slamming the auctioneer into the ground. A wall of fire traveled into the crowd of guards, burning through their armor. Vincenzo snapped the neck of a nobleman next to him. I laughed giddily, high on the power.

     The fire was sent racing towards the crowd, including the Crown Prince. The scorching fire skirted around Vincenzo, hissing when it touched the skin of the humans. All that was left of everyone was charred lumps of unrecognizable flesh. The slaves shouted in fear, "Apollo! Vesta! Have mercy, gods."

    I ignored them and screamed out as the fire turned against me, greedily eating at my back. I cried out, gripping the ground in pain. Vincenzo roared, turning to the only survivor of the flames. 

    The Crown Prince smiled, hands held out as he controlled the fire. "That's 201 people you've killed, foreigner." 

     Vincenzo shifted, ignoring the begging slaves who switched to shouting, "Lupa!"

     He roared loudly, lunging at the Prince. The orange-eyed man laughed, "Puppy." A wave of fire knocked over my mate, catching fire on his pristine coat. Vincenzo yelped, diving into the trough of water. 

     The Crown Prince picked me up, cooing softly. "Those look like they hurt." he said, ignoring my hissing when he touched the flesh of my destroyed back. "I'm sorry, baby." he laughed. "But you're in Rome now."

~

     We were dragged in an Oxen-pulled cart, driven by men the Prince called. He glanced at my slowly healing back, "I can smell you, it's intoxicating. I haven't scented an Apollo-born since my twin died."

    Vincenzo snarled out from his chains. "Where are you taking us?"

     The handsome Prince ignored him, still staring at me, transfixed. "I'm Cassius." he grinned. "Crown Prince." He tousled his blonde hair. His hand stroked my face, "Werewolves roam free, but you won't find any vampires now. They've all been hunted to extinction, along with the witches."

     I pushed him away, "Where are you taking us?" 

     "To the palace."

~

     My eyes darted to Vincenzo's. "He smells like a Lunar." Cassius commented. 

     Vincenzo snarled at him, "I'm half-Canus."

    Cassius laughed, tossing an apple from side to side, "Gross."

     I ignored the two, watching the countryside roll by. My breath caught in my throat as the endless acres of raw fields filled my vision with green. "Remarkable isn't it?" Cassius murmured. "And we could  destroy the world if we pleased."

    The ferociousness in his voice caught me off guard. "Burn it to the ground, if we wanted. I could destroy all of Rome and Egypt. I could make Zeus fall to his knees." he mused.

      "Why could you control my flames?"

     "Because you're weak."

    My jaw clenched, hackles raised. Vincenzo continued to struggle against the chains. The prince grinned swiftly, and grabbed our arms, rolling off the cart. "You two are going to help me kill someone." he stated proudly.

    Vincenzo slipped a hand out of the slick chains, snapping the lock and stepping out of the confinement. He pushed me behind the prince, shaking. "Cassius Ceasar, the bastard son of the king, who killed all of his siblings for the throne. The man erased from history. The psychopathic freak who vampires and witches feared, for leaving only a male and female of the two races to continue the line. You killed them all, slaughtered them like nothing."

     Cassius smiled, "Just like her." he jabbed a finger in my direction. 

    Vincenzo shook his head, "Now, you're going to help us get back to our time. This is the past and we need to get back to out time."

      Cassius rotated his finger above his ear, motioning insanity to me. "Who's the psychopath now." he hummed. 

     I pushed Vincenzo, "We help you and you help us."

      Cassius raised his hands, "Well then help me kill my mate's baby."

~

     Arcaen, Vincenzo's beta held Katerina against the wall. "Where is he," he snarled. 

    Katerina laughed, "They aren't coming back! Tala is coming and you are weak. Titus, Tala, and Axel will destroy you all."

     The gamma stood up, tipping the witch's chin to him. "Not before you get them out of whatever hell you put them in."

    "Not hellRome, during the rule of Cassius." she laughed.

     A/N: Keep up the voting, loves. It means the world and makes me so happy. Don't forget your thoughts.

    Has anyone read the new Harry Potter book? All I wanted was a novella of their lives after, not a script :(

And that new Toyota commercial is making me so frustrated and anxious. I don't know why, but I'm trying to listen to Halsey while I write and it come on every time and I have to slam the mute button. It makes me twitch and just thinking about it is making me want to throw up. It's that commercial with the brothers and shit. 

I'm listening to Halsey's stripped Colors and it's beautiful. Never heard it before as stripped.