Chapter 11 - The Burrow

Hermione's POV:

It was summer, and I was making my way to The Burrow since it was only a month away from school. I got my stuff and levitated my chest and Crookshanks and walked to the Weasley's home.  I arrived at the door and knocked. I set my stuff down and let Crookshanks on the doormat. The door creaked open to reveal a smiling Ginny and Mrs. Weasley.

"Hel-"
"SHH!" Ginny hushed me. She grabbed my arm and pulled me in.
"But my stuff-" I whispered.
"Look, I told my mom about you and Fred."

My cheeks felt instantly hot as both of their eyes were on me.

"Oh- uh, you did? Uh..." I stuttered and looked at my shoes.
"Oh dear it's wonderful!" Mrs. Weasley whispered. "Arthur knows too! You are totally fine."

We were interrupted by George coming down the stairs. He took one look at me and smiled a mischievous grin. 

"Oh, Freddie!" George called up the stairs in a high pitched voice. "Your girlfriend is here!"

Fred peeked down the steps, his face red too. He came to the bottom of the steps, his hand scratching the back of his neck. Before he could speak, I broke through the small crowd and gave him a tight hug.

"I missed you Fred," I whispered into his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back. "'Missed you too, 'Mione."

I could hear the slight squeals of Ginny, and I could just tell that Mrs. Weasley was smiling. It had only been month, but Fred had caned a bit. His hair was hair was cut nicely and the front was swooped up a bit. He was wearing jeans, a dress shirt, and a vest. His shoes were black sneakers, and George had to exact same outfit.  I let go of Fred, and slipped beside him to hold his hand.

"George, is Caroline coming?" I asked him.
"Yeah, but she's coming a week before school. She's a pure blood, so her parents are very strict about her studies and whatnot." He looked a little disappointed.

I smiled at him. We all stood there for a few moments until Mrs. Weasley told Fred and George to go get my stuff from the porch. Fred let go of my hand while Ginny pulled me into her room.She sat crisscrossed on her bed and I joined her not long after.

"How have you been this summer?" Ginny asked me.
"Good, I guess... Without Fred it was quite long though," I said, getting quiet at the last part.
"Aww," Ginny cooed. "You love him don't you?"
"Yeah, I do." I smiled, but after a moment it faded. "Although, I can't help feeling something is going to happen. I mean, look at Caty and Kate, and what happened to them. It happens so fast, ya know?"
"Yeah," Ginny said softly. "Kate's a pure blood, while Caty's a muggleborn, so I heard that she's staying at Kate's. Her parents don't understand..."

We satin silence for a minute and then Fred and George opened the door. "Ladies," George said, him and Fred setting my stuff down.

"Thank you kind sirs," I said, smiling.
"Your welcome, madam," Fred said, grabbing my and and kissing it once.

I giggled along with Ginny. I loved when he did those little things. His sweet little romance ideas made my day. He had a certain way of flattering me.  When he stood up I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards me. I pecked him on the lips and pushed him away, giggling.

"Go do whatever twins do," I told them, Ginny giggling behind me.
"Alrighty," Fred said,swinging his feet, following George out the door.