Love

WARNING: This chapter contains some sexual contents...

Chapter 5

DRACO’S POV 

I could tell something was wrong the second she walked in. She looked incredibly distraught and frazzled, her mouth was shut tight and she wouldn’t even look at me. The fact that she basically ran through our shared common room and into her own bedroom, slamming the door behind her told me I was right in my presumption. Something was definitely up.

She locked her door.

Seriously? She locked her door? I groaned and pulled out my wand, “Alohomora,” the lock clicked but I still couldn’t open the door. “Hermione, let me in, love. What’s wrong?” She hadn’t even been gone for two hours, what could that prick have done to her? I knew I never should have let her go with him. Caleb Green was nothing but trouble.

         “Can you please just go away?” I could tell she was crying by the way her voice shook.

         “Sweetheart, I’m not going away.” I tried pushing the door open again, but it still didn’t work, “Bloody hell, what have you done to this door?” I growled as I slammed my body sideways into the door with my shoulder first. “Ouch! That fucking hurt!”

         “Go away!”

         “No! Ugh, come on, Hermione. Open the damn door! Okay, you want to do it this way? Bombarda,” the door blasted open, revealing a crying Hermione. She sat on the floor leaning her back against her bed, with a pillow in her hands. I immediately went to sit at her side and put my arms around her, pulling her close in an embrace. For a while we just sat like that in silence, the only sound was an occasional sob coming from my girlfriend.

         “How come you don’t hate me?” the question made me do a double take, I was so surprised those words had actually just been spoken out loud. Letting go of her I put a hand under her chin, forcing her to look me in the eye.

         “How can you even ask me that? I love you,”

         “I’ve been so mean and distant lately, I’ve been avoiding you,” Even though I held her face tightly in position, her eyes still looked everywhere but into mine.

         “I don’t care about that, I know it’s been hard on you being back after everything, but it’s all right my love, because-”

         “I’ve cheated on you,” it was barely a whisper, but it was enough to stop my rant. My face fell and I removed my arms from her. Her eyes closed and I could see her teeth graze her lower lip. A tear fell from her eyes as we sat in silence.

         “Green?” It wasn’t as much a question as it was an ascertainment; I knew I was right. I didn’t need her confirming it, “When did it – how did – why?”

         “I don’t know. It was a stupid mistake. We were by the shrieking shack. Draco, he kissed me. Ugh, I feel so stupid, I ran away. Came straight back here.” She wept, it all came out very fast and was very bewildering. “The second we kissed I realized it wasn’t what I wanted. I want you, Draco, and only you!”

         “The fact that you were even in doubt… Hermione, what is going on with you? Ever since we got back from Australia you’ve been acting weird.” For some unknown reason my question made her smile.

         “Have you ever heard of PTSD?” I shook my head, “Have you noticed how I disappear once a week every Friday afternoon and don’t return until the evening?”