Evil minions

Emmalyn POV

I guess high school really does have stereotypes.

Here I am, standing in front of a group of blond haired, blue-eyed bimbos who are wearing short-shorts and tight tanks. They look like plastic Barbies with a huge dose of vanity. I think they may be one of those girls who spend forever on their appearances. 

I'm not being prejudiced. I am partially blonde haired too. I have natural blonde highlights streaking my wavy chocolate-colored hair, but I have gold-flecked hazel eyes. All in all, it somehow works for me. I'm not one to obsess over my look. I'm even standing here in yoga pants and Jason's old Metallica shirt. I must stand out from the tight clothing everyone else is wearing. 

"Stay away from the Six." The chick in the front threatens. She's the cheer captain. I think her name was Rebecca or something? Heck, I avoided her all summer. She thought she had the right to be in charge, so she bossed and bitched all summer long. Rebecca thinks she will be Varsity Captain or something. Coach Stevenson was hospitalized for most of the summer, but she adamantly said that no one would have positions until she got back. I don't know what either of them are thinking.

Today is the final cheer tryouts to see if you are in Varsity, Junior Varsity, or Frosh/Soph and your positions. Cheer tryouts are at the end of each year. Once you make it, then you are on the team. The tryouts are intense since we are a nationally ranked team. It's just that this year the positions were postponed until today since Coach is back.

Yep, I am a freaking cheerleader. Don't ask. Let's just say it has something to do with losing a bet. I'm not going to back down from the deal, nor am I a sore loser. Maybe, just maybe, I'll actually enjoy cheerleading! It is a huge maybe and a 0.01% chance, but it is not 0%! I hope it isn't what is seen in the movies. I try to keep an open mind but all the stories I hear are really not helping. Regardless, I keep my promises, even if this one lasts all four years of school. Hey, I made the team anyways. That raises my self-esteem and pride.

"The six what?" I'm confused.

"The Six!" She rolls her eyes at me. 

"Yeah, the six...of what?" I say slowly. 

"Jason, Drake, Cody, Wayne, John and Tyler. The Six," she repeats, looking at me like I'm the dumb one. "They are out of your league anyways," she eyes me up and down. 

"You guys named them 'The Six'?" I laugh. "First off, that name lacks creativity. I mean, really? How long did it take to name six guys 'The Six'? Second of all, they have names. Call them by that." Taking a deep breath to calm my laughter, I mention, "Don't we need to finish up our tryouts anyways?"

"We all already know who is getting on what team or position," she flips her hair back cockily.

"Who knows? Coach judges us based on ability and talent. Just because you have been on the Varsity team, does not mean you'll be captain." I cross my arms. "She does not have favorites. It's whether you earned or deserved it."

"Are you trying to say I am not qualified for the position? What's your name anyways, and why haven't I seen you before?" Rebecca's eyes flare up, and she scrutinizes me.