c h a p t e r 2

I'll be updating daily, if not more than once a day! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~

After apparating home, she put on the comfiest clothes she could find, and sat on the couch, reading a newer book she started yesterday, waiting for Ron to come home.

Ever since they had kissed during the Battle at Hogwarts a year and a half ago, they had been a couple, thus sharing an apartment close to the center of London, to which had the most amazing view.

Less than a  month ago, Ron had proposed to her, and Hermione, not completely sure of their relationship, decided it was best to wait a few more months and see how it went for there.

The Daily Prophet had a field day with them, as they always did when they were having developments in their relationship with each other.

Like the world was telling her something, this relationship was a bit weak at times, mainly now. Ron would be off training somewhere in the world for weeks at a time, then would come back and everything would be awkward between the two.

But she kept with it, and they were doing okay at the moment. Tonight, Ron was coming home from Ireland after a coupe weeks of his training was held there rather than the ministry for more hands-on experience.

Like a devoted girlfriend, she waited up for him until her eyes fell heavy. She had finished her book and fell asleep before he had come home.

The next morning, she woke up, thankfully on a Saturday with no work, expecting to see Ron curled up on the couch next to her, but he wasn't. She checked their bedroom, and even the guest room, yet he wasn't  there. She sent out an owl for him, for maybe his training went on a bit longer than expected, and made coffee for her headache that was forming.

An hour or so later, she received an owl with a letter attacked to its leg

Dear Hermione,

Please meet me at the small café at the outside of the ministry, the one that we go to often, at 11:45. I have some news. Be prompt, for my training starts back up at 12. I am sorry for not coming home yesterday; I was a bit busy.

-Ron

Well, she thought, that was highly unusual. Never once had he ever been one for schedules, nor were his messages so vague. But, following the letters instructions, she quickly showered and got dressed so she could apparate to the café and meet Ron at the time he gave.

When she got to the café, she felt a shiver run down her spine, as if something was wrong, yet she quickly ushered that thought away as quickly as it had come. She got a booth by the window and waited for Ron, who was only a coupe minutes late.

He was wearing his normal Auror gear, his dark red hair was  rustled as if he had pushed his hand through it one too many times. She waved her hand so he would come over to her booth.

"Hermione," he said as he came over, and they hugged each other in greeting. Oddly, Ron didn't seem so happy to see her, and instead was rather nervous, but why? Hermione thought as he ordered.

" So..." Hermione started tentatively, for the awkwardness was becoming pretty overpowering already. She waited at least a minute before she got any reaction from Ron, who was staring off into space.

"Listen Hermione," He began, even though he already had her full attention,"I've been thinking, and I felt that we should maybe take a break from whatever we call 'this'." He purposely  avoided her gaze as she got the meaning of what he was saying.

"Oh" was all she said as she contemplated  what just happened. Its not like it was that big of a deal, and she knew something was to happen sooner or later, such as it had the last time and the time before that. "Well alright then. I guess I saw this coming"

And surprisingly, she wasn't mad at all, for she knew that they would end up together like their previous "breaks" that they had a couple times already. At this point, she would have stood up and just left, but Ron took her hand and prevented her departure back to their apartment.

"It's okay Ron, I understand," and she did, so she would wait for him to come around.

"No Hermione, I'm-" Ron started but he was cut off by her once more.

"I get it Ron," she said again as she shook off his grip on her and muttered a short, "See you later," and then apparated back home. It was the same old thing between them, but this time he was a bit more strange, if that was even possible.

She shook off the thought and decided to head back to the library, since she had finished her other book the night before.

Back at the café, Ron still sat, unable to comprehend what had just happened. He didn't know how to tell her that this wasn't the same thing as their little petty breaks they took when things got too weird. He suddenly realized he needed to get back to the Auror training rooms and left some money on the table for their order, then apparated as quickly as he could.

"I guess she will just have to find out herself then." He muttered under his breath,  for once Hermione Granger didn't seem to understand something.