c h a p t e r 6

Alright, so I personally hate it when authors of fanfics take so long to update! I just want to read it all so badly! I really don't want to put y'all in that same situation, so I gave you the first six today, and I'll do seven and eight tomorrow.  Hope you are enjoying it so far, and please excuse my dumb mistakes!

Sorry also for he shortness, but it's important to the plot!

~~~~~~~~~~

Alas, it was time for them to leave. Draco had to go pick up his things from his office area, and Hermione wanted a few more minutes to put some letters together. She said goodnight to him, and thanked him for helping her through the day. But he just stared at her, mumbled something, and left.

She stared into where Draco was previously standing, wondering what he had said, and thinking about how great her day was, even though she found out about Ron's new relationship.

The first letter she wrote was to Ginny, asking if she knew that Ron was cheating on her, and asking how her training was going for the Quidditch World Cup, which the English team was a finalist in.

The second was to lead investigators on the case that her and Draco (she still couldn't believe she was on first name basis with her old enemy) were working on. The minister would be proud of her, she expected, the next day, and then she wouldn't be able to see Drake as much since they wouldn't be working together.

Somehow the thought saddened her, but she couldn't believe it.

As she went home she realized that she was actually becoming friends with her old nemesis, and was actually enjoying herself.

But it was strange at the same time. Of course he had his moments where he was a pompous jerk during their time together, but for the most part she enjoyed his company and finally found a real friend.

Wow! A real friend, to which actually worked with her! And to believe it was someone who used to hate her.

She came home to a half-empty house, for all of Ron's stuff was gone. And this made Hermione want to shed even more tears, but she had to be strong enough to not let any fall. She briefly wondered if this confident attitude was a result of spending so much time with Draco.

It probably was.

After she had changed for the night she was prepared to head to bed, she heard her doorbell ring. And standing there was the least likely person that she expected.

Ron had a beautiful bouquet of muggle flowers, and was kneeling at the now opened door. The whole thing was extremely cheesy, but she found it utterly adorable till she realized that it was Ron, who had broken her heart none but less than twelve hours ago.

"What are you doing here, Ron?" She asked tiredly, after such a long day at work.

Ron stammered, which was strange of him. He seemed extremely uncomfortable and was acting a bit weird, even for him. It seemed that he was scared of his own voice. "Look Hermione," he started as he finally stood up, "I was wrong, it is as plain as that. But I love you. Always have and always will. I accept that you are angry, all because I was stupid and wrong. But I am begging you to give me another chance to make this right again." He held the flowers out as a piece offering.

Instead of taking them and swooning like the girls do in all of those muggle romantic movies, she took them and threw them at his chest. "How dare you come back here, after cheating on me. You didn't even have the dignity to tell me that you were cheating in the first place because you aren't sorry enough. I'll give you another chance once you deserve one."

She slammed the door before he could say anything more than "Wait Hermione!" Strangely, he didn't sound like his usual self.

Nonetheless, she changed the locks on her door with some quick magic and vowed never to cry over a guy ever again.

She was over this. Done with Ron. This is a new life and she is going to change now. No sulking over this dead relationship she had invested all of her time into. She went to bed, already planning a shopping spree for tomorrow after work.