You See It, Don't You?

-*Your POV*-

The next day at school, you decided against confronting Marinette about bailing on you last night. You had given her her last chance, and she didn't bother to take it. Simple.

You forced down your true feelings of disappointment deep down inside as you pushed open the doors. "Psst, Y/n!" Kindle hissed from inside your bag. Having gotten used to it by now, you acted natural and walked behind one of the corners, glancing around to make sure that no one was around before opening up your bag.

"What is it, K?" You asked, eyes wide with curiosity. It'd been a while since Kindle had talked to you at school.

Kindle's tail swished softly as she stared at you. "How did it go last night?"

"Marinette bailed."

"Then what took you so long?" Kindle asked, suspicion clear in her voice. You lowered your eyes to the floor, guiltily. You had said you would take it easy and then the first shot you get you go out and interrogate the demon who built a store inside your head. Wow. Nice one, Y/n. Nice one.

"I knew it," Kindle scoffed. "You talked to her. Again! After Master Fu specifically told you not to!"

"No," you snapped. "He told me to tell someone if she came back. Talking to her is different."

You noticed Adrien walking over, but he stopped when he saw Kindle.

"What nonsense did she fill into your head this time?" Kindle sighed. You could tell she was disappointed in you, but that only made your anger worse.

"It's not nonsense, Kindle!" You cried.

Kindle shook her head, her purple eyes ablaze. "Y/n, Nightmare is a liar. Whatever she told you is most likely nothing but a flimsy sheet to cover what's truly going on. It's like a mousetrap and your the mouse. You're not playing your cards right, Y/n! I don't want you getting hurt!"

You slowly lowered your eyes back to the floor. Maybe she was right. You hadn't been listening to her lately... Maybe you should start.

......................

-*Adrien's POV*-

Later that day, I beat Y/n to her locker.

"Hey, M'Star." I smirked, leaning in to kiss her when she walked up. I felt her smile into the kiss before she parted to open her locker. I leaned against the one next to hers and watched her as she put some of her books in.

"How did it go last night?" I asked out of curiosity. I had asked the night before if we could hang out tomorrow, but she said she had to meet Marinette.

Y/n's smile slowly dripped off her lips. "Umm... She bailed." I had expected her to get upset, but that was before I realized that her voice was shaking.

"Hey..." I soothed, reaching out for her. She burrowed her head into the nape of my neck as I wrapped my arms around her. She was shaking. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. I won't push you." I whispered into her hair.

Y/n in response just nuzzled her head deeper into my neck, slowly calming down in the embrace. I loved her with all my heart, and it pained me to see her hurting like this. I wished she would just tell me what I could do to help, but she was certainly not the open book type.

"I...um..." Her voice was muffled, but I heard loud and clear. "I need you to come over to my house tonight." I pulled back to smile playfully at her.