Part 2 Chapter 23

AN; Warning No proofreading!!!!

Deception was waiting for me when I walked out of the tent wearing the blue dress. He sniffed at my dress and I gently pushed him away with my hand. My untamed black curly hair was pulled up into a high ponytail as was Kami's blonde hair, the same color as Emily's hair, who had come out of the tent with me, along with the other girls and Santana. The girls all eyed Deception with a look of concern, probably worried that he would ruin their dresses before they edge around him, especially Santana who made a wider circle around him than the others. Once they had passed him, Deception began to trail behind them, his black tail dragging along on the grass.

"This way ladies," Tami said, taking the lead, and we trailed behind her in single file. We clutched the small bouquet of blue and white flowers in our hands until we arrived at one of the fields that laid outside the maze of tents. I saw that up ahead several chairs were set up in the grass, as well as an archway made up of entirely blue, yellow, and white flowers were a boy in a tux stood. I couldn't see him clearly from this distance but I could see the glint of the round glasses perched on the tip of her nose. No doubted it was Peter. The chairs were full of people, some dressed in regular dirty looking clothes, some dressed in armor, and others dressed in fancy clothing.

Beside the flower archway a girl and two boys dressed in an assortment of clothes played a soft melody that was almost drowned out by the sound of people talking in their seats.

I spotted my mom and Neeva sitting in two of the chairs towards the front. I could only see the back of their heads but I recognized the clothes I had seen them in earlier. My mother's head jerked back and forth and I she was waving one hand of her hands towards my father and by the way, he was sunken down in his seat, I had no doubt that she was chewing him out for giving me and Henry alone time.

My eyes danced around the other seats and I spotted Emily's mom and brother, Carson, sitting towards the front. I also spotted Vivian and John sitting together in the middle row. John wore a hood that was pulled over his head. I did not see Amber or Henry. Strange because it seems that almost everyone I probably knew was at this wedding, but maybe not so strange. I had no idea what kind of relationship Amber or Henry had with Emily

Before we reached the aisle that Emily would walk down as a bride I felt Santana, who was right behind me, tap me on the shoulder. At that moment Tami, the leader of this little parade, stopped us before we reached the first set of chairs, so I tilted my head back slightly so I could hear what she wanted, "That place you were at for like 400 years, it had no sound or color, right? Like there was something forbidden about making noise there, so you weren't allowed to talk?" she asked me in a whisper.

"Yeah..." I answered her, while I waited to see what we were to do next, unsure of why this was being brought up now of all times. We were at my friend's wedding, and I rather not think about that place where happy things like this didn't happen.

I turned around not to look at Santana but to look at Deception that would no doubt trail behind me down the narrow row of chairs and knock everyone closest to him over if I allowed it. I made sure to get the attention of his yellow catlike eyes before I motioned him to right. He stared at me pensively for a long second before he began to move to the right behind the last row of chairs. I kept motioning in that direction before he was at the very edge of the wedding before I singled him to stop and to wait there.

"Well you seem to become okay with the whole taking, noise, and color thing pretty quickly..." Santana said and I could see that she was staring at me with her big blue eyes out of the corner of my eyes.

And I nodded my head. She was right, I had adjusted to these things that I had lacked for so long with unnatural ease. Talking still bothered me a little, but it was becoming less and less strange to fell those vibrations in my throat. The issue of sound hadn't been a problem for me either, and I welcome the long absent presence of color with open arms.