c h a p t e r 15

Last chapter y'all! Thanks for reading! I'll write an epilogue if anyone wants one, so ask if you would like it!

Enjoy the last chapter! :) :)

~~~~~~~~~~
Hermione started to cry. She doesn't know why. She always has such a check on her emotions, but now tears streaked down her face as she cried over the despair of all these events.

Hermione knew she should not be crying at all, because there was nothing to cry about. Ron was gone, and the love of her life turned out to be a lying sneak. But that last part, realizing it, made her cry even harder.

All the while, Ginny was thinking of what to say to Hermione in her distressed state. Against Ginny's view on Malfoy, it was obvious that they loved one another, that their souls were made for each other.

She said quickly to Hermione, "I am going to fix it, I'll see you tomorrow. Send me a letter if it gets bad. And please stop crying, you did nothing wrong." Yeah, Ginny, like that will magically just make me stop, Hermione thought, opening her mouth to make a snide comment.

Ginny knew what Hermione was thinking, so she gave a wink and they both smiled. With that and a quick, tight hug, Ginny ran out of the door, and saw Malfoy on the floor with his head in his hands against the wall near Hermione's office.

"Malfoy," Ginny started in her strongest, most profound voice, "It is obvious that you two are madly in love with each other, and if you don't go in her office right now, I will hex you into next year."

She finished as stern as she could, and Malfoy got up and said quietly, "but, Ginny, she doesn't love me! I ruined her life through our years at Hogwarts, then I lie and sneak around, messing with her feelings, all because of my selfishness."

She just glared at him and said, almost in a pitying tone, "Stop the fucking self pity. She wouldn't be crying over you if she didn't love you." With that she ended the conversation and walked away. Not even a second later, Malfoy was running into the office.

And with her job done, she apparated home, intent to tell everything to Harry, who would laugh so hard he would cry.

"Hermione stop it," Draco said as he walked into Hermione's office. It was the least likely thing she expected, as he seemed almost livid. He went around the desk to her chair, and grabbed her head softly, leveling it with his own.

"Stop crying, Hermione, you're so strong. I know I hurt you, I--," he started, and the tears started to slow as she remembered she was stronger than this. She was part of the reason that Voldermort was dead. She endured intolerable pains that most people will never experience. Draco noticed it was working

"And for that reason and hundreds of more, you need to let me go. You deserve someone who will treat you like a princess, in the past and now. Someone who has a history, someone who will always be there, Hermione. And I am not right for you, for you deserve so much better than me, a former death eater, who caused death and destruction," he continues, "listen to me, and you might believe it."

He was about to leave when suddenly Hermione jumped out of her chair, a finger on his chest, pushing him to the wall. "You know what Draco, you have to listen to me now okay?" It wasn't a question, instead a statement and he was obliged to listen

"I love you, can you get that through your thick skull already? And don't start giving me all that crap about not being deserving of me, mister, because you are the reason I have all these flowers in here. Not ever once had Ron given me flowers, yet you did once, twice, three times a day. And all that death eater stuff was because of your parents, who forced you into it without your choosing. And on top of that, you were born into such a household that told you that people like me were nasty people, but you have changed enough to realize that you are who you are. I've come to terms with your past when we instigated this friendship. Not only that, but  you still fell for me. Now please get over yourself, and maybe we could make this work. But this self loathing needs to stop, please."

With that she ended it and kissed him hard on the lips, and Drake couldn't leave, for Hermione had him pinned to the wall. As the kiss deepened, they melted into each other, and they both knew that they belonged with each other. After great reluctancey, they parted just enough so they could talk.

"Hermione, I'm sorry, extremely sorry, but please don't ever leave me. I love you and I can't imagine a life without you." He said this with complete truth.

Hermione, looked up into his stormy eyes, which were now darker with meaning in them, as she said back, "I love you too, and, blimey, could you be any more cheesy." She kissed him again, knowing that she will have Draco in her life forever.

"You love cheesy." He said as he apparated them to Hermione's home. He wasn't wrong.

She owled Ginny early the next morning, since she was a bit preoccupied with Draco that night. She said in her letter to tell Harry everything (unaware that Ginny told him straight away once she apparated home), and asking if she could bring Draco with her to the dinner.

She wanted to surprise Ron, however, with her new boyfriend, at the dinner. Given how much he hated Malfoy, he would be in for a rude awakening. She mentioned all of that in the letter and sent it out the window from her bed. Luckily, she was off for the day, so she was able to stay in bed for the morning.

Once it was gone she snuggled up into Draco's side, who, despite the noise, was still sleeping. Resting her head on his chest, she couldn't think of a place she would rather be.