CHAPTER THIRTEEN

The next couple of days went by really fast. Yet, nothing interesting really happened. My best friend from OC, Paige, was thrilled about Nick and I. She always asked about him, and she told me how cute we would look as an official couple. To be completely honest, I wanted him to ask me to be his girlfriend. I think...I think I liked him! 

Before I knew it the week had already advanced into Wednesday. It was 6 in the morning whe I woke up. I took a quick shower, and did my usual getting-ready-routine. "Do you have tutoring today?" my mother asked as I came down stairs to make some toast. I nodded and remembered myself that I had to tutor Ashton this afternoon. It didn't bother me as much as it would have last week. I'm still pretty terrified of him, but at the same time I know that there's a part of him that wouldn't hurt me, even if I pushed him past his limits.

We hoped in my mother's car and pulled out of the driveway. My mother didn't talk at all. "How are you?" I asked out of nowhere. Usually she's so bubbly and excited for the day.

"What? Oh, I'm fine," My mother answered. "Just had trouble falling a sleep last night, thats all."

My eyes were distracted by a decent sized bruise on her left thigh. "Geeze, mom." I remarked.

"I was so out of it this morning! Bumped into the coffee table." My mother laughed her usual laugh. I felt more comfortbale. "Have a good day!" She smiled as she pulled up to my school. I thanked her for the ride and headed towards the courtyard.

"Holaaa." I said as I met up with Abby and Jessie.

"Hello!" Jessie said as she hugged me. 

"We were just talking about you and Nick." Abby winked. I blushed. 

"Quick quesion." Jessie said.

"Shoot."

"Have you and Nick like...made out?"

I thought about that a minute. With my lack of experience, I really didn't know the difference between a kiss and full on "making out." I knew they knew I had kissed him on Saturday, but other than that, I haven't touched lips with anyone else.

"No, I've kissed him once and that was on Saturday." I replied. Jessie nodded.

"Well," She said. "That'll change once he asks you to be his girlfriend at the Halloween party!"

My heart leaped out my chest. What did she just say? "What?" I asked.

"C'mon Brooke, You know he's going to!"

"Why else would he invite you to the party?" Abby added.

My pulse incresed and an excited sensation came over me. It started to make a lot more sense, and I was overly joyful about it!

"Ahhhh," I breathed happily. "I'm so ready."

"Is this your first boyfriend?" Jessie asked. I nodded and she made an "Awww!" sound. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Speaking of kissing and whatnot," Abby said. "Guess whos been hookin up with Leila Chandler?"

"Ew, oh my God who?" Jessie asked. I had no idea who Leila Chandler was. 

Abby tilted her head to the left. Jessie and I both looked over to the tree to see Ashton standing alone. His back was against the tree trunk and he was on his phone. He wore the usual, with a red beanie on his head, pulling his light brown hair back.

"Eugh!" Jessie spat. She seemed moridly disgusted. "Really? Leila Chandler? Even Ashton's hit a new low."

"Who's Leila Chandler? Is she really that bad?" I asked. It was almost as if I asked them who she was in defense to Ashton.