Scars~Kyle

The school wasn't like I had expected. My mum had went when she first discovered her powers and now it was my turn. My mum had told me all about it and how it was like a big family. She was wrong. No one here seemed to really like each other. Which didn't matter to me, it's just I thought since we all have something in common we'd be closer but I guess not.

I got here about two weeks ago after I nearly set my teacher on fire. I've made friends with the other girls but I don't know them too well. They're all very mysterious, most of them are never around so I don't see them too much. The only person who was in the house at all times was Kyle.

He was some sort of butler/maid. I always wondered how he ended up here. He was a good looking boy who was round about my age. I'm sure he'd rather be out partying and getting girls but instead he's here cleaning floors.

Don't get me wrong the last two weeks I spent watching him I've realised something. He's not normal. He's shy and clumsy and at first I thought it was anxiety but it can't be. Everyone treats him like shit around here and I don't know why. They treat him like he's some trained dog that he's less than a person. I promised myself that I'd never speak to him that way.

Anyway i was currently lying in bed watching the hours tick away. I couldn't sleep most nights and who could blame me. I'd stay up most nights starting at the wall until my eyes felt as if they where going to fall from my head and I eventually fell asleep. It was coming up three in the morning when I decided that I was thirsty. I grabbed my house coat and sneaked downstairs. I knew about the 'lights out' rule but I didn't know what would happen if someone found me.

I opened up the fridge and grabbed a glass of water. I stood there silently drinking the water thinking about the past few weeks. My mind kept going back to Kyle, I think I like him. I'm the type of person who someone will talk to me once and I'll be in love, it's actually rather embarrassing. I was trying to work out if I genuinely liked him or it was just another one of those situations.

I barely knew him but something about him made me feel so at home when I was around him. He had rarely spoke to me and when he did it was in short quick statements as if he was scared of me.

I finished my water and began to walk back upstairs. I got to the hall where all the rooms where. I had to keep the lights of since I didn't want to wake anyone. I slowly walked down the hall trying to not make too much noise. I couldn't see a thing so I placed my hand on the wall. I grabbed the cold metal of the door nob and gently pulled. Maybe if the lights where on then I would of noticed that my room was one door down.

I walked into the room and began to take my house coat of tossing it on the ground. That's when I heard it. It sounded like a sniffle. My eyes looked in the direction of the sound but I couldn't see anything since it was dark.

I walked over to the bed stretching. My eyes where beginning to adjust to the darkness and that's when I saw him. Someone was in my bed. I froze in my tracks and starred at whoever it was. They had there back to me and had the covers pulled up to there neck.

My eyes searched the room trying to find a weapon and that's when it hit me. This wasn't my room. I started to panic and placed my hand to my mouth in shock gasping a little. Embarrassment raced through my veins, I had to get out of here. If whoever it was woke up and I was in there room they'd think I was some crazy stalker.

I began to slowly back away until I kicked my heel into the corner of a chest."Sh-"I swore out but stopped myself. It was to late. The person shot up and started fumbling with the lamp switch. The lamp spurted to light and I was face to face with a sleepy Kyle. His soft blonde curls where sticking out in places and covering his eyes. His eyes met mines and his eyebrow furrowed in confusion.

"I'm so sorry. I thought this was my room. I'm not some crazy stalker who's watching you sleep." I spat out. Why did I say that? That had to be the worst thing I could have possibly said. Kyle's expression changed and he smiled a little.

"It's alright." He said quietly and I turned to leave. I took one last look at him and that's when i noticed something. His checks where glistening in the light. Was he crying?

"Are you okay?" I asked and he must of realised what I was talking about because his hands shot to his face and he dried his tears away.

"Yeah I'm fine." He says not making eye contact with me. I stepped closer a little bit.

"Are you sure there's nothing wrong?" I asked again. I know it was none of my business but I hated leaving people when they where upset. He looked up at me pouting a little and his dark brown eyes where glossy. He began crying again and I sat down on his bed.

"It's just no one appreciates me here. I'm worthless. I thought it be different. I thought Zoe loved me. That's why I stayed here but now she doesn't even speak to me. And to tell you the truth I've lost all feelings for her. Sometimes I just think the world would be better without me." He says sobbing and my heart breaks. He looks like a little lost puppy and I can't help but hug him. He places his forehead on my shoulder and continues to cry. I rub his back gently trying to comfort him.

"Don't say that Kyle. You're not worthless. I appreciate you. You're still so young, you've got your whole life ahead of you." I say and he breaks the hug to look at me.

"Do you really mean that?" He says sniffling. I nod my head and he looks down. "Why are you being so nice to me Y/N." He asks barely above a whisper. I didn't even think he knew my name.

"Why would I not Kyle? You're a human being just like the rest of us. Why should I treat you different." I state and he begins to unbutton his shirt. I stare confused. He points to the scar that goes around his neck. It finally clicked, all the names Madison would call him like 'zombie boy' finally made sense. He must have died.

"We all have scars Kyle. It's hard to go about in this world and not get a few. My gran would always say that scars are only memories of the past. That they don't define the future." I say gently placing my finger over his scar. His face lights up and he pulls me into a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you Y/N. For seeing me as a person. I really needed that." He says and I smile.

"Anytime." I state and he looks at me.

"I really like you Y/N and I hope you'll still talk to me in the morning." He says looking a little hurt.

I smile at him "Of course Kyle. I'll show you my scars if you show me yours." I say standing up. It was really just an excuse to talk to him but It seemed to of worked.

"I'd like that." He says smiling as I walk out the door. "Good night Y/N." He whisper shouts as he turns the lamp off.

"Good night Kyle." I reply closing the door. Maybe this place isn't so bad after all.

•••••••••••

This one was long but I'd really like to do a part 2. Would anyone like that? It's getting so close to school and I'm dreading it😩. What date do you guys go back? I go back on the 17th of August.

~Abbie💕