can't help falling in love

"Hey," Newt said, throwing himself onto the couch next to where I was sitting.

"What?" I asked. He has the same look on his face every time he has a secret.

"I have something to show you," he says, taking my hand and leading me out of the apartment we share.

"Newt, where are we going?"

"You'll see," he says. He starts walking towards the stairwell, but instead of going down to the street, he heads upstairs.

When we reach the top he opens the door to the roof of the building.

In all the time we've lived here together I've never been to the rooftop. It's beautiful, there's a garden, a couple of chairs, and lights strung around the perimeter, but the best part, it overlooks the rest of the city.

"This is amazing..." I say, almost speechless. "How have we never been up here?"

"I was saving it for something special," he says, walking over to one of the two chairs and picking up a ukulele.

"When did you get that?" I ask, sitting in the chair next to him.

"Earlier this week. I wanted to surprise you."

He strums it once and adjusts one of the tuning pegs ever so slightly.

"Okay. I must warn you, I just started and I can't sing so I'm not very good, but I'll do my best."

He begins playing a version of Can't Help Falling in Love. When he finishes he gives me a shy smile and puts the ukulele down.

"That was beautiful," I say, leaning over to kiss him.

"Do you want to learn how to play it?" He asks, knowing very well I most certainly do.

"Of course!"

"Okay so your first chord is..."

i'M sOrRy

I know, I know this is the eight billionth story I've written on a rooftop, but at least this time I put a little effort into it. one time I didn't know how to end a long imagine so I had them walk off into the sunset. (don't read my older books.)

also if you didn't watch the video before this I highly suggest you do. tyler joseph's version of this song is amazing and so is he and twenty one pilots so just if you haven't listened to this song or any of their original music just do your life will be so much better.

okay cool that's all bye. -tessa

okay I read this through the night after I wrote it and like wow it's exactly the same as the imagine two chapters before this and they were written over a year apart I literally have not changed at all I'm so sorry.