snowfall

"It's just not fair," I say.

"I know I'm sorry, but I only have three more days of finals and then I can come home and finally see you," my boyfriend, Newt, replies.

After we both found out we got into colleges in different states, we had to decide whether to try long distance or not. We both knew we wanted to stay together, but we had no idea it would be this hard.

"But that's so long. I haven't seen you since thanksgiving. I miss you."

"I miss you too, but was less than a month ago."

"But a month seems like forever."

"Well at least you're home and not studying."

"Home isn't all it's cracked up to be."

"What do you mean?"

"No one else is off yet so I'm stuck sitting around my parents house all alone. At least it's snowing out, it's really pretty."

"Yeah it is really pretty."

"What?"

"Look outside."

There he was, waiting out in the snow. I go as fast as I can downstairs and out the door. I run into his arms and he picks me up and spins me around.

"I though you couldn't come home until this weekend."

"No, I only had a half week, but I wanted to surprise you."

"I can't believe you're really here. I missed you so much."

"I missed you too," he says leaning down to kiss me for the first time in what feels like years.

"Y/n?" He asks, quietly.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"I love you."

That's the first time either of us has said that to each other.

"I love you too."