XIV

That's not the only broomstick Harry will be riding, you know what I'm sayin' ayy (what even is my sense of humour??)

***

DRACO'S POV

The feeling that first came to Draco was coldness, like a bucket of freezing water had been poured mercilessly over his head, drenching him in the icy coldness. The feeling was followed shortly by hot water, but it didn't supply any relief to his once cold body, it was scorching and burned. Once more he was covered in the icy feeling, it lingered in his body longer and churned his stomach. Draco could scarcely breathe from the panic [At the disco] that was taking over him. Harry looked as worrisome as he, staring at the door where Pansy was visible a moment ago. His mouth opened and closed, he looked like he was trying to form words but like Draco, he felt he shall surely vomit during the action. Though not a word was exchanged in those seconds that felt like oblivion, Draco knew both their minds were both set on the horror that Pansy Parkinson had just viewed Harry and Draco snogging in the Prefects bathroom. But soon it wouldn't just be Pansy aware of their complicated relationship, she was probably running her blasted mouth all over the school right this very second.

Draco reaped a harvest of barren regret at the thought of anyone finding out, because the word would spread and will surely reach his father and the house, where death eaters, amongst the Dark Lord himself will pay to see Draco's blood spilled.

"Draco..." Harry seemed to have regained the ability of speech as he gave Draco a look filled with utmost regret and sorrow.

"Y-yes?" Draco choked out repentantly.

"What are we going to do?" Harry cried exasperated. He looked at Draco like he was supposed to posses an idea.

"I suppose, we could wipe her memory, obliviate it?"

"You-you can do that?"

Draco stared at the ground slightly guiltily, "I haven't personally done it before but I have some idea."

Harry shook his head, "Too risky, if something went wrong..."

Draco sighed and nodded, his emotion were greatly disturbed by consternation, concern and deep fear. He will just have to face the fact that Pansy will go ratting on them and providing people believe her, he will die, maybe even at the hands of the Dark Lord himself.

"There's nothing we can do."

"Maybe we don't have to do anything," Harry said slowly, "honestly who would believe you and I, arch enemies, would snog. If someone claimed that three days ago we would laugh in their face."

Draco reviewed Harry's words, that was a fair point.

"Do you really expect so?"

Harry nodded, absent minded caressing his hands. "Some people might though, but most will think Pansy's spinning her bullshit again."

"We'll do that then, just deny anything and laugh."

"Sounds like a plan." Harry said, his face cracked into a small grin. "It'll be fine, as long as Ron doesn't hear about it."

Whilst Harry was uncomfortable by the thought of Ron finding out, the consequences Draco would suffer were much darker, an instant death being among the most humane.

Draco forced a smile, mirroring Harry, "at least Christmas is soon, we don't have to worry about anyone discovering anything."

Harry brought his hand up and ruffled Draco's touch-me-not blonde hair, "Maybe we can get you to laugh again." He laughed.