Chapter 18

Chapter 18

**

The hall was beautifully decorated by our student council. I have to say, they did a pretty good job. Glancing around, I saw Lucy blushing whenever someone complimented about the decoration. I handed most of the duty to Lucy.

Well, there were two reasons. First being, she is totally talented and second she needed credits for the work for her further college application. She had planned something about it and just needed my help with at least one successfully event. So I decided to let her handle this one. I have to thank Ashton for his little help too. Just a little, tiny miny help. I searched for a familiar face, but couldn't find one.

Suddenly, I was snapped from my searching when a hand grabs my arm. I turned around and came face to face with the person I've been searching for.

Ashton looked at me, up and down and smirked in satisfaction. "Don't you look hot?"

"Tell me something I don't know," I smirked back. He raised an eyebrow at that.

"Arrogant much?"

"What can I say? I'm just stating the fact." I grinned, flipping my hair back.

"The fact that you look hot or the fact that you look like an orange?" He asked smugly.

"You know, your insulting won't affect me. You already admitted I look hot."

"Whatever helps you to sleep at night." He said.

"Well–" I cut myself off when my eyes trailed behind Ashton. I straightened my back and glared at the person behind.

It's time for the show to begin.

"Baby doll?" Ashton called. I snapped my eyes back to him and raised an eyebrow.

"What?"

"You kind of spaced out. Thinking about our soon to be make out scene?" He asked, running a hand through his hair.

"Like I would kiss you." I snorted.

He narrowed his eyes at me and took a step forward. I took a hesitant step back, eyeing him warily. We continue to take steps, until my back finally hit the wall.

Ashton placed his hands on my waist and pulled me towards him. He leaned his face closer, his lips lightly brushing against mine. My breath got caught in my throat.

"Don't challenge me, baby doll. If I want something, I'll get it. Even if it meant me kissing you or you kissing me." He said, as his lips brushed against mine each time he spoke.

I stared into his forest green eyes and was taken aback by the intensity it held. I placed my hands on his chest and pushed him back. He stepped back and crossed his arms against his chest.

"That won't happen."

I didn't let him speak as I walked away from him. I found Amber with Chris and Alex, talking.

"Hey, guys." I smiled at them.

"Hey," Chris said. "He's here."

I nodded. "Yeah. I saw him enter. We'll start the announcement. Get the party started and move in with our plan." I said and looking at them and back at the person. "If anything goes wrong, you guys are here. Also Nate and Will will be here too." They nodded.

I looked at the person who was now talking to Max. When I first saw him, I got that weird vibes from him that something about him isn't right, but I ignored it as Will was dealing business with him. But when he decided to involve me, I knew I had to do it.