Thirster 2467: 2.

Marilyn tossed around her eggs that were on her plate. She felt a bit sickened, watching them shoot down Thirster 2467. He had a terrified look in his eyes, crawled up in the corner.

In her whole life she has never seen such a scared vampire.

Thirster 2467 sat back down on the chair, slowly nailing his fingers though his wounds to get the bullets out. He was moaning in pain, the scientists slowly watching him draw blood down his skin and shirt.

He pries the bullets out, heaving at the hard job. So much pain of it scraping his bones and muscles inside of him. He tosses the wooden bullets onto the ground, his blood spraying the white tiles when they chatter.

Scientists try to talk to him, asking his name, where he's originated from, how he turned. But he wouldn't respond and just stare at them. He tries to see through the glasses they are wearing but he can't. He feels defeated.

"Thirster 2467, if you do not corporate with us you will get the worst." Dr. Sammis says and the bloodsucker snarls, pulling his lips back and extends his fangs. He's trying to tell them if they want to be this way, he will fight back. "Very well." He turns off the speaker and says something to the scientists. The vampire doesn't hear and curiosity grows.

Suddenly from the top corner of the walls, three darts shoot out right at him, stabbing through his skin. He hisses at the stinging pain and realizes that the darts are full with holy water. It burns in his skin, he feels the itching sensation he can't stop. Holy water weakens vampires. And here he is growing weak and tired.

"Why aren't you eating?" Lee asks Marilyn after watching her play around with her breakfast. Marilyn looks up, her eyes roaming.

"I'm not hungry."

"You sure are, you haven't eaten since last night." Marilyn sighs.

"Well I'll eat during lunch I promise. Now I just want to go back to work." Lee stares at her for a bit then places her fork on her plate that's empty because she finished eating.

"Okay, let me take you then I can go back to work myself."

"No it's fine, I can go by myself." Lee frowns while watching Marilyn stand up from the bench.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Marilyn puts her plate besides the garbage where the workers take to clean. She leaves Lee in the cafeteria alone and makes her way down to the area where the vampires are held. Marilyn is old enough to make her own decisions and go by herself to places in Area 75.

Her palms start to moisten when she gets closer to the area. She gets her glasses and proceeds her way to the room he is held in, ignoring the screams from the other vampires who are getting tortured.

She goes through the doors, seeing figures inside the box Thirster 2467 is locked in. She jogs to the box, pushing the scientists aside and pressing her hands against the glass. Three scientists are hustling the vampire down.

He's trying to push away but he can't. Marilyn wonders why he isn't fighting back and sees three darts on the ground besides him. He's been injected with holy water. A vampires weakness. They slam him down onto the chair, grabbing his wrists and pinning them down on the arms of the chair.

Dr. Sammis is behind him, grabbing the bloodsucker's hair and pulling his head back. Dr. Sammis is holding pliers in his right hand. In his left hand he pries open the vampire's mouth open. Marilyn shivers at the view of the vampire's fangs glistening in the light.

Thirster 2467 tries to move away but he can't while Dr. Sammis shoves the pliers in his mouth. He grabs one of the vampire's fangs and tugs, ripping it out of his gums. He groans in pain, trying to pull away but can't. The sharp canine chatters on the floor while Dr. Sammis pries the other one out. Marilyn looks away, feeling sick at all the blood filling the vampire's mouth.

They pull away from him while Dr. Sammis smashes the plier across his head, knocking him off of the chair. The men proceed out of the box, locking the door behind them. Marilyn looks down at Thirster 2467 who runs the back of his head and slowly sits up on the ground.

He spits out blood, some of it dripping off his lips and down his chin. He looks up at Marilyn but Marilyn can't help to stare at him. She turns away and sees Dr. Sammis approaching her.

"Why did you have to do that?" Marilyn snaps at him while he grabs her wrist. He opens up her hand and places something in her palm. When he pulls away it's Thirster 2467 fangs. They are long and sharp at the ends, some blood staining the perfect white teeth.

She stares down at them, a bit disgusted at touching vampire's teeth but she just rolls them around in her hand.

"It's a souvenir for you, keep them." He responds with a cocky smile on his face, ignoring her question. He starts to walk away from her but she grabs his lab coat, tugging him back towards her.

"I was talking to you."

"Excuse me?" Marilyn feels that what she did was disrespectful but at that moment she didn't care about anything.

"I was assigned to Thirster 2467 and he's mine. I didn't give any of you guys permission to rip his own teeth out."

"They are fangs and don't worry, he'll grow new ones."

"I don't care, don't touch him again unless I tell you guys to do so." She knows that talking to an older man such as Dr. Sammis who has been in Area 75 and doing this job for so many years is immature but she's furious.

"If you think I'm going to listen to young little you Marilyn, that is wrong. These monsters killed my daughter and I am not going to be nice to them." Marilyn brings her gaze to Thirster 2467 who is staring back at her, blood and saliva dripping off his chin.

"But he didn't kill your daughter so why don't you find the one who did and torture him." She snaps back and he chuckles at her comment.

"Are you forgetting that orphan little you had your whole life taken away from these bloodsuckers who killed your whole family?" He rolls his eyes, knowing that arguing with a younger girl isn't worth the time. "Whatever you are assigned to him to make him talk and see who he is."

"And if he does open up to us or to me, we may be able to find his humanity."

"Marilyn, no vampire has humanity. They are walking soulless bodies who feed on the living. All these years we tried to find a cure for vampires and there is none. So let me go and stop arguing about finding something human in that pathetic monster." Marilyn gives in and steps aside, letting him walk away.

Scientists mind their own business, doing their own work near the box and inspecting Thirster 2467 who isn't doing anything at all. He's staring at Marilyn through the glass and there was coincidence because the speaker was on and he heard everything. For some reason he felt aw for the girl in front of him.

She brings her attention back to him but slowly brings her gaze back down to his fangs in her hand. Thirster 2467 knows it won't take longer then just hours for his fangs to grow again. He watches Marilyn roll them around her hand, getting blood stained on her skin.

She slowly walks away from the box, slipping the fangs in her Jean pocket.

~~~~~~

Hey guys,

So I'm trying to update The Lovely Bite soon if any of you are here from reading TLB.

Love you all

Vote
Comment
Follow me :)