11

"We could introduce them now," Bruce suggested, walking over to grab the leash.

"As long as she has the leash and is on the wall so we can guarantee Natasha won't get hurt if Delta reacts badly," Clint said somewhat sternly, telling them he wasn't going to have it any other way. It sounded like he liked her.

Steve nodded, "It's safer that way, I'll go get some food to help Delta like Natasha,".

Bruce put the leash on my collar and tied it to the wall.

Steve waited patiently at the door.

I chattered as Steve opened the door to reveal a red head.

Her scent was familiar, but where had I smelled it before? In the halls maybe.

Steve told her something quietly, so I didn't hear.

He left the doorway after she nodded.

She walked in the room and sat in a chair by Clint, "So her name is Delta? What have you found from her physical examination?"

Bruce cleaned his glasses, "Yes, we let Steve name her. This is what I've recorded," he informed her, sliding the clipboard across the table.

She read it carefully for a few minutes.

Steve came back carrying a plate of the cubes.

I love those cubes. I chattered excitedly wagging my large tail, leaning my top half closer to the ground.

They laughed at me, "Well someone's excited," Steve teased, putting the plate on the table.

The woman, Natasha, picked one up and threw it at me.

She didn't toss it like the guys did, she threw it at me.

I caught it, but coughed as it hit the back of my throat, "Don't throw it at her Natasha, toss it. Like this," Clint said, grabbing a cube to demonstrate.

I caught it and ate it like I usually did.

"She eats like an alligator," Natasha noted tossing me a cube like Clint had.

I caught it too.

Natasha continued to toss me the cubes until there were no more.

"She doesn't seem like she cares," Tony noted staring at me.

Natasha still sat at the table.

Bruce said, "Why don't you get up and walk closer to her, just to see how she reacts,".

Natasha nodded her head, a cautious expression on her face. "If she eats me, I'll kill you," was all she said before she started to walk over to me.

I watched her carefully as she stopped where my chain did.

I walked slowly over to where she was, moving the tip of my nose barely graze her shoulder.

I inhaled her scent and the room was silent.

She was also tense.

I opened my mouth and she closed her eyes; to her surprise, I nudged my head on her chest chattering.

Everyone let out a breath they didn't seem to not know they were holding.