Sports Festival

[Well, prepare yourself for the sudden character change in Todoroki and the long ass chapter which lies ahead. I'm sorry for the sudden change in Todoroki, seeing that Izuku and Todoroki kinda got along in the previous chapter.]

Todoroki and I studied the coming day together. He still seemed a bit cold or distant, but I didn't mind it. We're only study partners, I suppose. The day of the test had finally arrived and I passed it with a few missed questions. If it was only a few, it can't be that bad. All the hard work paid off, per say.

We were told that there will be this large event named the 'Sports Festival'. Just knowing that a plethora of people are going to be there made my stomach churn. It would be extremely embarrassing if I were to pass out in front of all those people because of my quirk.

"I'm so nervous...I've never been involved with something so large..." I mutter as I tremble in my seat.

"No worries, (Y/n)! I think we're all a bit nervous." Ochako gives off an angelic smile and scratches the nape of her neck. It was after school, so Ochako strolls on over the door and opens it. "Besides, I think you'll do-"

"Huh? What's wrong?" I say. I waltz over to where she stood and saw the reason why she had paused. "..."

"Woah." She shakes a bit. "What the heck?!" Ochako exclaims as the students outside of the door continued to talk amongst themselves.

"They're crowding the exit! What are they here for?" The small pervert, Mineta, asks.

"They're scoping out the competition, retard." Bakugou harshly replies. "They wanna see the gang who went through the villain ambush. They're checking out us before the big battle, asshole."

Bakugou continued to bash the mob. That was, until another boy came forward. He said stuff about arrogance and how people could be transferred to the Heroics department. I tried to zone out the tired looking boy, but it was futile. He said some interesting things that stirred up my nerves. Ochako, Iida, Izuku, and I stood there silently, seeing how this guy is just as 'in your face' as Bakugou was.

Another kid from Class B started screaming. This whole thing has me baffled, so to speak. I continued to stand there quietly with a sheepish smile plastered onto my face.

"Wait a sec, man, what did you just do?!" Kirishima intervenes. "You're getting haters all in our grill!"

"...It doesn't matter." Bakugou simply puts.

"Whaaaat?!" Kirishima retorts.

"None of that matters once you're on top."

"How inspirational." I chuckle. "That's weird that it's coming from you, Bakugou."

"Shut up!" He spat in my face.

"Alright, alright." I sheepihly laugh and put my hands up defensively.

<><><><>

"I'm gonna faint! I'm so nervous! My heart feels like it ran a marathon!" I shake Iida. He sighs at my actions and covers my ears.

"Everyone! Are your preparations complete?! We're set to enter in no time!" He shouts. I'm kinda glad that he covered my ears. If he wouldn't have, I probably would have bled out of them. And I need to maintain as much blood as possible. Everyone was having their own conversations and such, but that was soon cut abruptly when a familiar voice boomed.

"Midoriya." Todoroki approaches. Everyone's heads snapped his way.

"What is it, Todoroki...?" Izuku asks with his usual innocent tone.