80. An invitation

So I listened to some of you and I joined the wattys! If anyone would love to vote for this story if you think it should win, thank you! :-)

August 10th 2016: 9 freaking  Million Reads!!!!!!!!!! Screams my heart out!!! How is this even possible? Thank you!!!!

Song: Fight for this love - Cheryl Cole
***

"Three days?!!!" My mum screams out.

"My head." I say pretending her screaming was in some way making the ache in my head worse.

"Hera!" She says in disbelief jumping up.

I stay silent.

"You can't marry in 3 days," She says lowering her voice.

"What can't I?" I ask.

"You're in college," She says.

"So?" I reply.

"You haven't even graduated! You're still in your first year, first semester for crying out loud!" She says raising her hands.

"But you didn't have a problem with that a few minutes back," I say.

"Because I thought you were engaged," She says pacing.

"Hold up..." She says stopping.

She looks at me suspiciously.

"Are you pregnant?" She asks.

"What?! No!" I vehemently refute the theory.

"Hera Reynolds," She says.

"Mum! I'm not pregnant!" I say frustrated.

"Then why?! It makes no sense" she says.

"Actually it does, engagements usually leads to marriage" I say.

"Yes, but not in 3 days!" She says.

"3 days, 3 years, 3 months, what difference does it make if the final outcome is still marriage?" I say.

"What difference does it make? What difference does it make? Let me see, you get a degree, a job, a life " She says.

"Mum, just because I get married doesn't mean I won't do all that I can be married and go to school," I say.

"You're just 18. Don't you know marriage comes with responsibilities and bills? Where will you live? How will you pay your bills? Hera marriage is not a childs play!" She says running her hands through her hair in frustration.

"I'm 19 now and we have a house," I say.

Her hand pauses.

"You have a house?" She asks.

I nod.

"His mum left him a house when she died," I say.

"His...his mum is dead?" She says her voice 80% lower and calmer. I smile inwardly.

Gotcha!

I nod.

     She walks over to the bed and sits down next to me staring into my face searching.

"Are you lying?" She asks unsure.

"No, she killed herself in front of him," I say and go ahead to tell her everything leaving out the bet and everything related to it. I tell her how we met, about Peter, Reid, Nathan and Lea. When I'm done I observe her as various expressions cross her face. I know my mum, Lexis and Peters relationship will remind her of Jake and her. In her case Seth saved her. No one will understand me like her. Seth helped her see her worth and get out just like Lexis did for me.