(32) Gift

Hi yo peeps!

I hope that this chapter would pay off the little tortures (cliffhangers) I dropped from the last few chapters.

Thank you for everything, you mean so much to me.

Enjoy 😊

~-~

"So..." Charlie trailed off, "Do you want some tea?"

"No." I shook my head, breathing slowly.

"Water?"

"No."

"Coffee?"

"No."

"Beer?"

"No."

"Food?"

"Depends."

"Noodles?"

"Nah."

"Ice Cream?"

"Nope."

He stopped and raised the plastic bag, "What about Beth's homemade beef stew?"

"I'll get the plates and you'll put that in the microwave," I muttered as I stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"The spoon and fork are in the lower left drawer!" I heard him call off, making me snort, "Shut up."

I took the spoons and forks, grabbing 2 plates too. I walked back and saw him putting the stew in the microwave.

"Make yourself at home." He grinned, waving off a little bit.

To be honest, I am quite annoyed with how he is acting right now.

He acts as if I'm a visitor; as if I don't pay half of the rent of this flat; as if I haven't stayed here for years with him.

I hopped on the couch and groaned when I realized that I didn't grab the remote on the way.

I looked up and flinched when I realized that the tv remote was resting above our television. Which I estimate as 3 ft away.

Too.Damn.Lazy.

"Charlie!!!!" As fast as I shouted his name, he was immediately right in front of me.

"Where's the chaos?!"

"In my stomach." I patted my tummy, "If that stew isn't done heating up soon, I'm eating you."

He chuckled with an eye roll and was about to walk away, when I held his wrist and said, "Can you please get the remote, please?"

He raised an eyebrow, "It's near."

"No, it isn't."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it is not."

"Yes, it is."

"No!" I groaned, "It's too far away!"

"No, you're just too lazy!"

"Who wouldn't be?!"

"A normal person!"

"I'm not normal!"

And that made him shut his mouth. "You are."

"Nope, I'm crazily awesome."

"Isn't that this book's author's name?"

"Nah, her name is Kryzel Jhae-"

"Isn't breaking the 4th wall illegal?"

"Oh..." I scratched my head awkwardly, "Right."

He sighed and grabbed the remote, "You're paying for this?"

"Is saying 'thank you' enough?" I blinked my eyes rapidly, giving him beautiful eyes while pouting like a child.

"No, but a kiss on the lips will."

What?

I was about to ask him that when he handed me the remote and waved his hand, "Food's ready!"

I stood up, still a little bit frozen, and blinked twice.

What?

"Uh Charlie?" I asked as I walk towards him.

"Mm-hmm?" He answered, pulling Beth's beef stew from the microwave.

"Did... did... did you just... j-j-just said w-what I t-t-thought you... s-said?" I stuttered out as my fingers fidget from behind me.

"What did I said that you thought I said?" He asked innocently, closing the microwave door from behind him.

"That-" I paused, before deciding to shrug what I thought he said was. "Nothing."

Of course, he wouldn't say that. I mean, why would he? It was just probably me hallucinating and all.

I turn around and walked towards the dining table. Well, I was supposed to.

"Hey, Vanch?"

I faced him and raised an eyebrow.

Well, I was supposed to be raising one eyebrow, specifically the left one, when he kissed me.

My eyebrows, no, my eyes widened. I think I just heard my heart beating faster than the time I ran from Walmart to my house -which, by the way, says a lot. Since I only run when:

a) I'm in need, such as buying napkins. -Since the red flows anytime and anywhere it wants.

b) I'm in trouble. -Like when pedophiles give me the catcalls.

And c) When Charlie Langston freaking kisses me.

And that's what I just did. Letter C, I mean.