Chapter 10

My feelings towards Harry were still contradicting themselves. At some points I still, obviously, can't help getting lost in my mind over my infatuation with the lad. But then his uncertainty towards me or the way he would says things actually annoyed me. My stomach has had enough of these ill flip-flops and my heart was done feeling the sharp pulling of pangs every time he was around or every time he disappointed me.

Disappointed? Was that even the correct word to describe it? If two words were ever to be said together, then it should never be Harry and disappointed. I could tell he hated being a disappointment. Here I go off and label him the same things except he doesn't even know that I feel this way.

The feeling sat with me for the remainder of my day. It sounds a bit depressing and pathetic, like pining over someone who doesn't know you exist and how much they really mean to you. It's also a good distraction. Sure, I'm pitiful in my Harry despair but I haven't thought about the way I've been treated by the team, more Louis and Zayn than everyone else. I actually think they've got bored of treating me like their dirty slave. I can't say that I'm thankful because Louis and Zayn might as well muster all the cruelty for the entire team alone.

Great, now I'm thinking about them.

Luckily, I was able to convince myself to think about Harry again. I wondered who else he was doing favors for, letting them act like his lackey for about 10 minutes. I just don't see Harry as the type of person to ask for help if he needed it. But, I bet people would fall at his feet at the chance. Boys would probably do it just to leave class early and girls would do just so they, like me, could be around him. I wouldn't be the only person sneaking in his scent. I wonder if any of them would be able to hold a conversation with him because I wasn't doing so well at that.

I let out a groan as I dug my palm into my forehead in frustration, my fingertips pushing down into my scalp, flattening my soft hair. There's no need for me to start getting jealous of what will never be mine. Why does desire turn us into these possessive thieves?

After rubbing my eye with my palm, I glanced up to the clock and my mouth twisted into this sarcastic frown. It was now that time that I was quite used to dreading. My morning courses were over and the bell was about to ring to let us free for lunch.

We have all become conditioned to obey the sound of the bell like mindless robots. So, getting up and leaving without a second thought should be my reaction to the loud-pitched tone that came from the small speaker over the door. I guess I'm the misfit mindless robot.

I know I'm partially different from the rest because I bet that none of them had to walk through the doorway and worry about Louis and Zayn coming to find them. People were just too happy that class was over and they got to socialize at lunch. I didn't get off so easily. I'd rather hide out in here and talk to my rather boring teacher, not that he was the type to really talk to students outside of class.

But I couldn't hide. I had to face them. After all, that is what bravery ensues, right? Or is there more to it than that? I let out another deep sigh.

3

2

1

Just as the routine called for students noisily got up away from their desk tables and crowded outside of the door. I put my class supplies into my bag before standing up. I fixed the straps as I shifted the weight of my schoolbag onto my shoulders. Then I waited until the crowd of students turned into a short single line so I could trail out behind them.

With each small step I braced myself to see their faces. I could clearly picture Louis playful scowl, which was more of a sly smirk. He would notice me and cock his head to the side in interest and then shout out, "Water Boy". He'd turn to Zayn, whose face usually held a brooding expression, as he would look away from who he was engaging a conversation with before staring at me.