Chapter 49 - Bounderies

.......A few days have passed since me and Kasumi have a small argument..

Kasumi hasn't came back to the Famille' since then..

"Kasumi seems to be staying at her parents house a lot these days..." said Tegemi while taking off her blazer and slouching on the couch..

"This is the third day in a row , i wonder what happened with her..." said Reimako worriedly

They both look really worried and then turn to face me...

"Mina...did something happen between the two of you ?"

"I don't think she's avoiding the Famille'.."

"It's more like she's avoiding you..." added Tegemi

"Well...I.."

While i'm trying to speak , Miyoko moves close to me she looks worried as well..

"H-Hey don't tell me you and Kasumi...You're not going to break up , are you ?"

I was shock by that mere thought i wasn't able to answer...

(I-i haven't really think of that ...w-we might actually break up at this point....)

Kasumi might already hate me...

(I...i hurt her badly...)

("Mina !!! you don't understand me at all !!!") those words still lingers in my head...I wonder what she was thinking when she yelled that i honestly have no idea...

(...S-she might be right...i-i don't understand her feelings at all..)

(I might not even be qualified to be her boyfriend..)

"Mina....are you and Kasumi going to be okay ?" asked Reimako worriedly

"Oh..i ..um ..." (the least i could do is apologize to them..)

"I'm really sorry for the troubles that i might have caused..."

"Oh no..No worries Mina , were just worried about the two of you..." said Tegemi

"T-thank you for you concern..if you'll excuse me i'm going to my room now and rest.." he said while walking out of the living room..

"Miyoko you're his childhood friend right do you think he's going to be okay ?" said Reimako..

"I-i'm not sure , to be honest this is the first time i've seen him gloomy like that.."

For a while the days continue where his crushed by regret...

......And time keeps passing..

(....Today's the fifth week ....that Kasumi hasn't come home to Famille')

I have no classes and work today , so i just stayed in my room , slowly dwindling between regrets and a decision that might change everything ..I decided to go outside , as if searching for Kasumi...

And then....

"Mina..."

"Huh ?! M-Mr. Miyoka ?!"

Kasumi's dad is unexpectedly standing outside the door of the Famille'

...But he seems to be acting strangely , ..strangely in a way who is always so calm , corners me in a flustered way..

"I wanted to ask you something.." he said

"W-what is it , sir ?"

"Has Kasumi comes by ?"

"?!"( Kasumi ?)

"N-No...sir she hasn't ..."

"I see...."

"W-wait a minute sir ! Did something happen ?!"

He answered in a pained expression..

"......Kasumi's been staying with us for a while now , for almost 3 months.."

"But...she got sick , so i took a day off.."

"She got sick ?!"

"....She was suppose to be sleeping in her room , but..she dissapeared..."

"She what ?!"

He continues speaking with a lonely expression ..

"I called the college, but they she hasn't come in..if she didn't go there , i thought she might have come here, but..."

(She dissapeared ?! and she's sick ?! Kasumi ,what are you doing ?)

"W-wait a minute sir , what do you mean she's sick ?"

"....She hasn't been sleeping at all lately..."

"She what ?!"

"She also hasn't been eating ...she's been very depressed..I though you and her might having problems.."

Perhaps...no , it's definitely because of our fight...

"...Anyway will you help me , look for her..?."

"Yes sir ! of course !!"

(She's not sleeping and eating well ? , i was wrong then , i'm not helping her at all...)

He ran around , screening and searching carefully were Kasumi have might been , he's been running around like a lunatic worried about her sick and week girlfriend it's almost evening when..

"K-Kasumi ?!" she's sitting by the bench near the lake she seems to be watching the sunset...

her dad seems to be the same area as me at that time and she saw and approach her daughter..

"Kasum !!"

She seems to be still woozy , and surprised to see her dad..

She tries to stand up but then she staggers and...

"Kasumi !!" I run towards her as fast as i can , reach out and grab her before she falls..

"...You have a fever !! you're burning up !!"

Kasumi's dad run towards as well , has scary look on her face, and falls to his knees in front of us..

"Mina ! can you drive ?! 

"Yes sir..."

"I got my doctor bag in the trunk ,  Famille' is near here let's bring her to there' .."

"Yes sir !!"

When we return to the Famille' we were greeted by the surprised housemates as they prepare her room and bring Kasumi upstairs..

And then...