Chapter 19

A/N: Long time no see!

I finished Agony, so hopefully I will update this more often? I don't see this having as many chapters as my other Sterek fics, but I'll try to keep updating this book at least once a week, or every other week. We'll just see how life goes. 

I hope you like this chapter :)

Stiles

Watching people fall in love was far different from actually falling in love. There were so many things, so many small details that Stiles never saw when the people around him fell in love. He had watched Scott fall in love with Allison, listened to every long, boring story about the girl his best friend loved. He listened for so long while Scott talked about her, about the reasons he loved her. Stiles thought he would never feel that way. He would never be so soft, or feel the need to tell Scott every detail. 

But falling in love, for Stiles, was much like that. It was wanting to tell the world about Derek's different kinds of smiles. It was remembering that Derek liked sugar in his coffee, but never cream. Falling in love with Derek was kissing him without having to think about it, without any regards to who was watching, strangers or not. It was that feeling in his stomach every time Derek asked him to come over, or asked him to the movies. The way his heart sped up when Derek looked at him while they were doing homework, or some other everyday, normal thing. 

It wasn't how Stiles expected to fall in love. He thought it would be different, less of him feeling like his whole world was shifting. It wasn't this big in his mind, but now that it was happening, it was the biggest thing he'd ever had to encounter. It was something that scared him, but he wasn't going to run away. 

It had been about a month since they'd gotten back together. The bullying had stopped, for the most part. Stiles was in so deep that he couldn't remember the last time he had any doubts about dating Derek. They spent a lot of time together. So much that Stiles' dad actually enjoyed having Derek around, and Derek's parents absolutely adored Stiles. 

Today, they were studying in Derek's kitchen. Stiles wasn't good at most of his classes, and since Derek had taken some of them the year before, he offered a lot of help. In the two and a half months that they had been dating, Stiles had actually improved in school. Derek was to thank for that. It was one reason Stiles liked having him around. He was so smart. 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Derek mumbled around the eraser of his pencil, which was between his lips. He hadn't even looked up from his papers. 

Stiles chewed on the inside of his cheek and tapped his own pencil against the table. "Like what?" Stiles replied, tearing his eyes away and returning them to his homework. He was working on trigonometry, which was his worst subject. He tried to switch out of it at the beginning of the year, but the counselor told him he didn't have any other options. 

Derek sighed and set his pencil down, then turned to face Stiles. "Like you have something to say, but you're too afraid to say it." He stared at Stiles accusingly, raising his eyebrows. 

"Just thinking," Stiles said truthfully. Derek's accusing stare turned into a glare. Stiles sighed heavily and looked down at his paper again, avoiding the glare. "It's stupid. Can we just finish our homework and then make out, or something?" He bit the eraser of his pencil and narrowed his eyes at the problem on his paper. He'd been trying to figure it out since class this morning.