8

"That's your fourth cup of ramen!" Taehyung exclaimed, amusement reflecting from his eyes.

"I'm a growing boy. Plus I used up all my energy when we played with the kids." I defended as I chewed the soft texture of the noodles.

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he pointed at the cupcake with his chopsticks.

"Look, the Mr. Cakey is feeling left out. You should eat it too."

Okay, giving food emotions. Typical Taehyung.

I rolled my eyes but did it anyway. I grabbed the cupcake and brought it too my mouth just so I could continue eating my ramen. "Is it good?" He asked.

I nodded and proceeded to eat my ramen.

I would never get tired of this.

Taehyung leaned in closer, reaching out for my face. I automatically tensed up as I gripped the chopsticks, my heart beating out of my chest.

Calm the fuck down! Why are you beating so fast?!

Just as his thumb brushed my upper lip, the chopsticks in my hand snapped into two.

We both froze for a second, processing what happenes before Taehyung laughed, leaning back on his chair. "Oh my god Jungkook! What did the chopsticks ever do to you?!"

My face heats up in embarassement. I grabbed the chopsticks from his hand and vigorously ate the ramen that was left.

"Wow. Is your tongue not burning?" Taehyung asked as he stared at me in amazement.

The only thing burning around here is my cheeks.

I brought the cup to my mouth, slurping the soup and slammed the empty cup on the table.

"I'll get some more!" I abruptly stood up from my seat and speed-walked towards the store. I hid behind an aisle, away from Taehyung's sight. I placed my hand on my left chest, clutching my shirt.

Okay, let me just take a moment to calm myself down.

I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath and exhaled but my heart just won't cooperate.

I give up! I can't stay calm! I mean what the hell just happened there?!

I wiped my face with my right hand.

Okay, you got this. He just wiped your lips because you were a fucking idiot and let some frosting get into your lips!

I sighed, taking a cup of ramen from one of the shelves.

But geez, he could have gave me a heads-up to prepare me for this. Why the hell did you break the chopsticks?! Oh I'll tell you why. It's because you fucking stranggled the poor thing. And that leads to the question of why did you do that?!

I headed towards the counter and paid for my ramen. I then went to the station where I can add water and boil it. I watched as the noodles got soaked in water, the pleasing smell spreading through the air.

You have atleast five minutes until the ramen in ready. Use this time to reevaluate shit. Okay now, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! WHY DO YOU KEEP GETTING ALL FLUSTERED TOWARDS TAEHYUNG. IT'S WAY OUT OFF CHARACTER. WHAT'S WITH THE BLUSHING?! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOUR CARDIAC SYSTEM? DO YOU NEED MEDICAL ASSISSTANCE OR SOMETHING? AND NOT TO MENTION YOU KEEP LOSING YOUR COOL! YOU, JUNGKOOK, ARE A COOL GUY. SO ACT LIKE ONE AN---

"Kookie?"

I jolted, when I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

Jesus Christ! Taehyung, you can't just creep up on me like that! Can't you see I already have enough problems with my heart?

"What?"

"The noodles are getting soggy." He pointed out.

I looked down towards the noodles and it was indeed soggy. I frowned.

I hate it when it gets all soggy.

"Aish." I muttered, removing the cup from the heating station, being careful not to burn myself.

"Let me make the ramen." He offered as he went to get another cup.

"Its fine. It is still edible." I said, following him.

"You hate soggy noodles."

"But it would be waste."

"No, it wouldn't."

Of course it is. It would just end up in the garbage.

"Bu--"

"Kookie." He whined. "Just go back to the table and bring that with you."

Oh, so we aren't gonna throw it away?

I let my shoulders fall, muttering a low "Fine." I exited the store and walked to my seat, placing the cup on the table.

I tapped the table with my right hand as I waited for Taehyung. I rested my chin on my other hand and watched the passersby. After a while, Taehyung finally got out and sat across me.

"Help yourself." He said and gave me the ramen he brought.

"How bout this?" I asked, pointing at the soggy ramen.

"I'll take that."

"Ani!"

He chuckled. "Its okay Kookie. I don't mind soggy noodles."

"You sure?" I asked reluctantly.

He hummed as he separated his chopsticks and started eating the ramen. He eats like he is eating a five course meal.

I cringed as I dug in to my own ramen. "How can you eat that?"

I hate soggy noodles just as much as I love ramen.

"It's yummy." He shrugged, nonchalantly.

"So anyway," Taehyung said, placing his elbows on the table as he leaned closer.

Don't bring it up. Don't bring it up. Don't bring it up. Don't bring it up. Don't bring it up.Don't bring--

"Mind telling me why you broke the chopsticks?"

He fucking brought it up.

"I don't know." I answered honestly since I can't think of any excuses.

"I think I know why..."

Really? What is it? What are you thinking? Holy shit, I suddenly feel really anxious.

"...Namjoon-hyung is rubbing off on you."

I don't know if he is stupid or... or... yeah, he's just stupid.

I gave him a poker face.

"I mean c'mon! That hyung has some sick destructive powers! One touch and then- BOOM! He can even break our door just by opening it. Don't you think he has some supernatural powers? I don't even know how you survived being his roommate. Tha--blah blah blah " He started to babble so I focused on eating my ramen instead before I  hear some weird shit.