Chapter 2

Harry walked or more truthfully, ran towards his next class. It was like this Monday would never end. As he stepped farther from Malfoy he could feel his heart flip over as it sank lower inside of him. Malfoy had almost kissed him. Albeit a joke, it had still almost happened. Not only that, but he had said something about Harry being what he smelt when he was able to catch a whiff of the practically illegal love potion.

Harry blushed as he thought about what Draco had said. Wait. More importantly was how he had said it. Malfoy had stuttered. Draco had a way of speaking even insults with an air of arrogance and social grace, but within a few moments he was basically a fool stumbling over his own words.

The thought of Malfoy failing at something almost made Harry pleased.

Almost.

Defense Against the Dark Arts had never been a longer class. Harry was sure of it. As he sat back in his chair, casting a spell so that he wouldn't topple out of it while leaning it on two legs, he thought about how to tell his friends what happened. They had basically accepted him as being...gay? Is that what he was? He had liked Ginny before and Cho as well. So what was he? Bi? Pans-? Harry wasn't even sure anymore. All he knew was that he felt the strong urge to both snog Malfoy and punch the git in his unfortunately handsome face.

Harry looked up from his thoughts, glad that Remus had been given his job back as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, but his face paled as he realized that everyone was looking at him.

"Uh what?" He managed to squeak out while the rest of the class broke into a fit of giggles.

"I asked what kind of spell would be best to repel a Itim Luscus? Also known as black eyed beings," Remus spoke while looking at him expectantly. Harry shrugged before speaking.

"A repelling charm?" A few snickers were heard from the other Gryffindors. Hermione looked sympathetically at Harry before her own arm shot into the air.

"Hermione?" inquired Professor Lupin.

"Although Harry was on the right track, you would need more than just a repelling charm. Supposing that most Itim Luscus' travel either alone or in pairs, a wizard would need to cast either a binding charm or a silencing charm first before proceeding with both a repellant and a full body inferno." She looked quite pleased with herself as Lupin nodded at her answer.

"And why is that, Ms. Granger?"

"Because Black Eyed Beings tend to be lonely and homeless. They tend to wander and force themselves on anyone who will listen. They don't have a personality and can sometimes give off a feeling of fear-"

"Like Malfoy?" said Seamus through a yawn from the back of the class, causing the room to erupt into a fit of laughter before catching Lupin's stern face.

"But what makes them dangerous?" Remus asked, pressuring the class.

"Well Professor, what makes them the most dangerous is their ability to strike fear into anyone near them. Much like dementors they seem to feed on despair, but whereas dementors devours one's soul, black eyed beings take possession of one's entire body. At this point the person is considered dead and the black eyed being either discards or eats it's previous body. Not much is known about that..." She looked down as she finished as though the thought scared her a bit too much. Lupin nodded solemnly then smiled at the class.

"For the rest of class you will pair up and practice a plethora of body binding spells. A black eyed being can not be trapped the same way twice by the same wizard. Therefore you must always be prepared." Once Remus was done speaking he looked over at Harry. "May I have a moment?"