Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

      “Please get away from me,” I said, to some guy who was asking me out or something. Izzy and Kim were both finding this all very amusing, and wouldn’t stop laughing, every time I rejected someone.

      “Uh, bu- I th-think-” he stuttered.

      “Leave. I’m not interested,” I said.

      “Oh. Maybe anoth-”

      “No. Bye,” I watched as he walked off, and I turned back to Kim and Izzy. “Don’t you dare continue laughing!”

      “Look Jules, it’s not our fault you’re irresistible to the male species!” Izzy giggled.

      “Shut up.”

      “By the way, where’s Trent?” Kim asked.

      “How the hell am I supposed to know?”

      “Well I mean you two are kinda… ya know…” she said suggestively.

      “No I’m sorry Kim, I don’t know, do explain.”

      “Oh never mind!”

      “Hey, Jules right, I’m Ian…” some guy went on, standing by our table.

      “Not interested, please get the hell away from me.”

      “Uh... Okay?” he said, leaving. I think all these guys expect me to be the way I was two years ago. I admit it, back then I probably would’ve still turned them down, but instead offered to go make out behind the bleachers or some shit. They don’t know who their dealing with.

Adam’s POV

I watched as an infinite number of boys approached Julia. Seriously? What’s their problem? Do they not know that I’m in the same room, and won’t hesitate to intervene if needed? Fine, I admit it, I’ve been playing the overly protective big brother a lot lately. Ever since Jules came up to me, and said that that douche kissed another girl. Josh immediately went to being my little bro, to the top of my kill list. No one messes with my little sister. I know on the outside she wants people to think that she’s strong and independent and all that crap; but I know her, and she’s fragile, and sensitive. Josh kissing whoever, screwed with her mind, confidence level, and stability. If I ever see that jerk again... well let’s just say it won’t be the happiest reunion.

      “Adam?” Talia said, poking my shoulder.

      “Huh?” I said.

      “Oh, I was just saying that Jules probably should have kept it on the DL that she’s single.”

      “Mhmm. I want her to end up with Trent.”

      “Didn’t that kid get held back a year?”

      “Maybe?”

      “Hey Adam, I was wondering,” Colt started. Oh god, he better not ask what I think he’s about to. “Would you mind if I asked out your sister?” Yup. Exactly what I had expected. What type of question is that? Of course I mind if you ask out my sister; she’s my sister! Some people are so clueless!

      “Knock yourself out- that is if you can get her to go out with you,” I said.

      “Easy,” he said arrogantly. Yeah right! My sister? No way. She’s anything but easy… now.

      “Not really,” Talia said, shaking her head.

      “What do you mean?” he asked.