~Chapter Fifty Seven~

Thorin woke up the next morning. The elf was still sound asleep in his arms. The elf king said it would take at least a day before she would wake and now all he could do was wait. He climbed off the bed and kissed the half-breed on her forehead before disappearing from the room. His mind had been so focused on the woman that he had forgotten to check on how his youngest nephew was doing. He had lost his older brother. The king had found where the young lad was at. Thorin let out a breath before coming to his nephew's side. "Kili....I'm so sorry." Thorin said as he came and sat on the steps that led into the burial chambers.

"I should of been with him...." Kili muttered to himself, remembering how his brother fell to his death in front of him.

" Kili.....This isn't you're fault. Your brother protected you, like he's done his entire life. Fili would want you to remember the good times you two had, not grieve over his death." The king stated. He didn't even know how he was going to explain this to his sister, Dis. She was going to be so devastated when she learns of this event.

"Is Honoria going to be alright?" Kili finally asked, as he let out a deep sigh. Thorin starred at the ground as he nodded his head.

"She should be awake here soon.....I hope." Thorin placed a firm hand on the young lads shoulder giving it a gentle shake as he got up from the ground and slowly wandered back to the healing chambers.

The elf's eyes slowly fluttered open, blinking a few times in confusion she looked to her side and saw a blurry vision of her cousin sitting beside her. "Bilbo....?" The hobbit was over joyed to see his little cousin awake and he couldn't help but give her a hug. " W-where am I?" She finally asked, when her sight was once again normal and noticed she didn't appear to be where she last remembered she was.

"Honor, shhh. Lie still. You're safe. Your back in the mountain. Beorn brought you to the healing chambers." Bilbo explained. The elf let this all sink in, her eyes looking at the ground, when she remembered hearing at some point, Thorin's voice when she was unconscious which made no sense to her, the dwarf had died, she saw him breathe out his last breath; he couldn't be alive.

"Thorin?....Where's Thorin?" The elf questioned, in a serious tone. When the hobbit wouldn't speak, the woman managed to climb off the bed and ran towards the door, ignoring her cousin's voice that was shouting after her. As the elf made hast down the hall, she entered a large crowd of dwarf soldiers walking through. Some were building a makeshift bridge, so others could safely enter the mountain, until it came to properly rebuild the bridge. The half breed, desperately tried to see through the dozen's of dwarves but none of them appeared to be the one she was looking for. She pushed through the dwarves a little ways further, only to stop when a couple of soldiers moved out of the way and the elf's eyes widen. The king was helping, passing some of the long pieces of wood to the working dwarves when he looked to his side surprised.

"Honor...." The king breathed as he began to walk towards her slowly. The elf could feel her hands shake as she approached him, tears coming down her face when they were inches apart. Before Honoria could say anything Thorin placed a hand on the back of the elf's head and tugged her forward until their lips touched. And the king pulled the woman even closer to him, grateful to see her alive and they pulled away. Honor ran her fingers along the dwarf's beard as he stroked the side of her soft cheek. Thorin pulled the half-breed into his arms and she rested her head against his shoulder.

" I thought, I was never going to see you again." The elf's voice broke and the dwarf only held her tighter, caressing his fingers threw her hair.

"I promise you, I'm not going to leave you ever again." Thorin whispered. Bilbo had come running down the hall, after her cousin, only to get blocked in by the numerous dwarves that he eventually got passed. The hobbit frantically scanned the area, worried something had happen when he let out a sigh to see she had been reunited with the dwarf. The elf saw from over Thorin's shoulder, saw a number of guards holding lit torches and heading down the hall.

"Thorin what's going on?" The elf asked in a concern voice, stepping out of Thorin's embrace to look at him as she watched the lines of dwarves continue down the hall.

"Honor, I don't know if you remember, but Fili....he...ah never made it." Thorin explained. The elf could feel her eyes stinging as she fought to stop the tears from coming but in the end they won, part of her did remember that awful moment but she didn't want to believe it was real.

"A-and....Kili?" The woman dared to ask.

"Kili...he's...alright. " Thorin stuttered, he was blaming himself for the circumstances. The half-breed tried to clear her face of the tears but more fell. The rest of the company had joined in the hall. Kili was staggering beside Dwalin. The woman could feel and see the pain the young dwarf was in, losing his brother the way that he did.

"Everyone's making their way to the burial chambers." Balin informed. Thorin nodded and followed behind the company holding the elf's hand. The walked down the stairs, followed by the two wizards, Beorn and surprisingly enough the young elf prince and Tauriel. The company gathered around their fallen companion, murmuring their farewells. Honor stood by Thorin; still clinging to his hand as he tried to keep himself composed but it was more difficult then he thought. Fili and Kili were practically sons to Thorin rather then his nephews. He had been by the two boy's side their entire life, and he had never been more proud of the dwarves they had become.

Honor glanced over at Kili to see him standing by his brother, being comforted by the red-headed elf known as Tauriel. The ceremony continued for a little while longer and soon the company left, with Gandalf, Radagast, Beorn and the two elves following behind back up the steps. Legolas left after speaking with the half-breed. Now knowing he had a half sister all this time, he wanted to know more about her and to keep in touch, he didn't want to end up like his father, miserable and alone. Thorin led the young woman over to one of the open ledge, glancing over the lands of Erebor. They had a lot of work to do, if they planned to restore the Lonely Mountain to it's formal glory.As the sun began to go down, the dwarf pulled the elf towards him and pressed his lips against hers.