Chapter Seventeen

So there was a little more to add to Christmas and this is what happened :) Anyways song for the chapter is Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Seemed right because of Dannys heritage and it goes well with the chapter. Picture of Ari Graynor and the picture tells a little bit of whats to come ;) Enjoy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                                 Jenny

I may have been sitting on the rocking chair in the living room for twenty minutes. Partly watching my little bro sleep with his latest catch. Not that I knew who played catcher and was the pitcher. My guess was my brother being the catcher because he was the short one. Its always the short ones. 

There was also no hangover to deal with because honestly, what is a hangover anyway? Some parts of last night felt like dreams but others I remembered perfectly. I remembered meeting Danny the first time. It often happens that when I got drunk, a simple yet small thought could turn into an action. I just wanted to give Danny a hard time just to see if he was worthy of my little brothers affection or not. Christmas Dinner may or may not have happened. That was as far as my memory allowed me to go to.

Danny was the first to stir and he had to look at me twice for it to click. Each time he flinched and I had work hard on not letting my smile show.

“Oh, oh, um, hi,” he said beady eyed while trying to sit up. He didn’t manage it very well because Jake was half way sleeping on top of him. 

“Good morning,” I said and then smiled.

Danny seemed to shiver at that which I was glad of.

Then he gently lifted Jake off him who was sleeping with his mouth wide open without a care in the world. He rubbed his eyes still trying to get thoughts together from the look of it. I gave him another moment to himself while sipping on some coffee. It was just missing a little bit of vodka to give it that extra zing. However I drank everything I already had so there was nothing left.

“So,” I said a bit loudly, “I think its time we get that one on one chat. You can’t run or hide from me. Just ask Jake. I was the queen of hide and go seek.”

My grin spread across my face impishly.

Now that Danny was fully awake he didn’t look as pale anymore. Nor did he seem to cringe from me anymore. Hmm, interesting.

“I guess not,” was his reply as he sat up straighter now. 

Game on.

“How much can you bench press?”

“A hundred and seventy.”

“Where would I find you at five in the afternoon on a week day?”

“In my room studying.”

“Who was your last boyfriend or girlfriend?”

Gosh I didn’t want to assume anything but it was worth the try.

“Josh Simmons.”

“Do you like naughty or nice?”

“A bit of both.”

My sober eyes couldn’t help but turn to Jake still asleep on the floor. Hmm, he sure scored on that one.

“Once Upon A Time or American Horror Story?”

“I don’t really watch T.V. much.”

“Red versus Blue.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”