14

I quickly walk over to Jeremy, "I'm here. How is she?" I curiously ask. A few hours ago Elena passed out and Jeremy took her to the hospital.

"She's gonna be fine. She got a little banged up today, hit her head, but it was just a slight concussion, nothing to worry about." Meredith answers. "But she collapsed, there was blood." Jeremy responds.

"Honestly, Jeremy, she's okay. She's just...she's been through a lot." she replies, "Is there anyone you want to call?"

Jeremy went to call Damon and Meredith walks away. I walk into Elena's hospital room and stand there.

"We need to get her out now." I turn around and see Jeremy already taking cords out of her body. "What why?" I asks.

"Damon said something about the originals and how they will try to take her."

-

Tyler and Matt open the front door as Caroline and I walk in behind them with our arms wrapped around Elena, helping her into the house.

It was still dark out and I'm so glad they came to help us, well except for Caroline because of our small argument a few hours ago.

"Couch," Caroline instructs, walking towards the couch.

"I'm fine. I just...I want something to eat first." Elena sighs. "We're on it, as soon as we make sure no one is lurking in the closets." Tyler says.

Tyler and Matt walk upstairs. Caroline leads Elena to the couch. "All right, couch, now!" I tell Elena.

"Uhh, I told you I'm fine." she assures. Caroline grabs a blanket off a chair and follows Elena.

"Doctor says rest, you rest." Caroline nods. Elena sits down on the couch and Caroline covers her with the blanket.

"Now, what can I get you? Do you want some tea, maybe some vodka? Both will help you sleep." Caroline asks.

Elena glares but smiles at Caroline and Caroline sits down on the couch. "I know, I'm being smothering. It's what I do."

"No, it's–it's nice." Elena smiles.

"I'm thinking– maybe tea with vodka." Caroline laughs as she gets up and goes into the kitchen.

"We haven't hugged in awhile," Elena spoke, looking at me. I let out a chuckle, "What?"

"I want to hug my sister." she says and pulls me into her arms, holding me tight. I shrug and smile, joining the hug.

-

I sigh as I sat down next to Matt on the couch, next to Elena who is waking up.

"Where is everyone?" she asks looking around once she opened her eyes.

"Tyler and Caroline got a call from their moms. What were you dreaming about?" Matt answers.

"Sophomore year," she replies. I smile at the memory of 10th grade. "Seems like forever ago." Matt smiles at the thought.

"It was. I'm sorry that I strung you along. I should have figured out what I wanted and just been honest about it. I'm now making the same mistakes with Stefan and Damon. It's not right what I'm doing to them either, I– I have to let one of them go." Elena sighs.