Chapter 28

Anna's POV

I wondered where Matt was taking me. He told me to dress nice and I did.

I sighed inwardly.

Few minutes later we arrived at O'CE. He got out of the car and came round to help me out too.

"Matt, what are we doing here?"

"Lets go" he smiled

"Matt?"

"You'll see" he said

We entered the lobby which was empty except for the security guy who nodded at Matt and I. We entered the elevator and Matt pushed the top floor. As in...roof.

I was scared.

Matt knew I was afraid of heights or has he forgotten?

We were two floors to the roof when Matt told me to close my eyes.

"Matt...?" I groaned

"Anna, I know you're afraid of heights but please, trust me" he said

I sighed inwardly and finally closed my eyes. I felt him kiss my forehead.

Finally I heard the elevator dinged open. He held my hand and guided me out of the elevator.

"Careful" he said

After a few seconds of walking slowly we stopped.

"Open" Matt whispered into my ear. It made me shiver but I ignored it.

I opened my eyes slowly and I saw it.

Red rose petals were scattered on the floor from where I was to the table for two that wasn't far from us. There were candles on the floor on either side of the path the rose petals paved and on the table too. A smile crept to my lips. My emotions were everywhere. Blame it on my hormones.

I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. I turned to Matt whom was behind me. I put my hands round his neck and I hugged him really tight.

"Lets go eat" he said after I pulled away.

We got to the table and Matt pulled out a chair for me and sat on the other. He was smiling like a school boy.

"Martha" he called

And just like our first date Martha came. I looked at Matt, clearly surprised.

"Ms. Anna" Martha acknowledged my presence.

He whispered something into her ear and she left.

I was shocked
"What's going on Matt?" I asked

"Nothing. We're just having dinner" he said

"Doesn't feel just like dinner anymore. The roses, the surprise...it feels different"

"I'm happy it is"

Martha came with two other guys that looked like waiters. The two of them were carrying a covered plate each. Martha led them to us and as they dropped the tray in front of Matt and I separately, they removed the cover to our food.

"Enjoy" Martha said and left us

"My favourite" I noticed

He smiled.

We ate and talked.

"Dessert?" He asked

"Depends" I said

He smiled looking nervous.

Matt was nervous? That's a first.

"Martha" he called again