~Chapter 26~

*Edited*

>I can't believe my story hit 104k reads. Thank you readers for loving this story.😊

>Enjoy!!!

________________________

C.J

Today's the day of the garage sale. During this week, we've been moving a lot of Tasha's belongings to our house now.

Last night there was a group of us figuring out prices for each item. All the guys moved all the heavy items in the living room while the ladies were in the kitchen putting tape on each item. We all made sure that she was sitting and resting. She said she felt useless, and I told her too badly and to rest.

A few days before, we had signs made up and put them around the neighborhood and the Saturday's newspaper for the garage sale selection.

Ever since she's been released from the hospital. I've been possessive of her. Making sure she's well-rested and not walking on her feet too much. I think I'm irritating her with my bossiness.

The guys and I laid down the tarp on the grass. Then we moved all the appliances outside. The ladies were setting up the tables in the driveway. While Tasha was sitting in front of it. She's going to be handling the cash. Not walking around. I'll be watching her.

It was by nine o'clock in the morning when we finished.

"Okay, guys get ready." I was saying to everyone.

Seeing vehicles coming in both directions and stopping. Then people coming out of their vehicles.

Within the first hour of the garage sale. We sold all the kitchen appliances, including the washer and dryer.

I saw Tasha getting up from her seat. I walk myself to her.

"Need anything Tasha?" I ask her.

"No, I texted Tammy to come here so I can go to the bathroom."

"I'll come with you."

"C.J I'll be fine."

"No, I'm coming with you. And that's final."

"Let's go then." I could tell that she was getting irritated by my possessiveness.

Tammy came just in time. We left to go into the apartment. She went up the stairs first, and I was beside her. With my arm around her waist.

"You know C.J. Stop being possessive of me and take it off by a couple of notches. I'm fine in front of you. You need to relax." She patted my back gently. Maybe she forgave me?

"I know, but I just need to ensure myself that you're here and alive." I grab her hands in mine. Look into her eyes and kiss her lips deeply.

****

A few hours later, we sold everything except a few cutleries, at least five towels, and broom and dustpan.

We were going to wait at least twenty more minutes before we pack everything up. The rest of the group left, and it was just me and Tasha. Before they left, we clean up and taking down the tables except one. Putting the rest of the tables at the back of my truck.

Tomorrow we are coming back and clean the whole apartment. From top to bottom. Then have take out dinner at my place.

I did a walk-throughout of the apartment just to make sure we missed anything. Checking, make sure that every window was locked. Checking the backyard and locking the back door.