Chapter 43 - "She Is My Alpha."

Micajah Rye's PoV:

Chapter 43 - "She Is My Alpha."

"I still can't believe you made me do it," I comment, zooming in on the pic I took on my 'phone.

Seneca grins slyly, taking her eyes off the road for a second as she turns to me, the mischievous glint in her sparkling silver eyes making me return the grin automatically, "Well, he deserved it, didn't he?"

"Yeah . . . but, they were guests in our Pack!" I laugh, remembering the red Bugatti Veyron that had been covered in egg yolks and broken shells by the time we were done with it—and the way, me, Seneca, Ezra and Nicole had all burst into laughter when all the eggs we'd brought were over, giving away our identity to the furious Alpha Daemon. We'd fled the place like lunatics on crack, laughing so hard as we escaped the guest house where the couple had been staying, and the enraged 'Seneca!' yelled by Daemon when he'd seen the condition of his expensive car had been so worth it.

"You know, I thought you were just joking to console me, when you said that. I really didn't think you'd sneak me out of the hospital room in a wheel chair for Goddess' sake, just to pull a prank!" I shake my head at the memory of that night, and Seneca's shoulders shake with silent laughter as she shifts the gears and steps harder on the gas, the sudden pressure pushing me hard against the seat.

"I'm a woman of my words." My Mate winks, her hands casually resting on the steering wheel, despite the speed we're going on, her posture relaxed as only a person with absolute control over her car can have.

My smile fades at the memory of the driving lessons I'd been enduring since the delivery of my shiny Alfa 4C.

"Do you think he might be still angry? He left the next morning with her after all."

"Nah. He apologized over a thousand times and though I'd told him that the only way I can forgive him is if he asked for your mercy, he couldn't leave his pride on the floor and talk to you. If anyone should be angry, it should be us."

"Oh!" I say, surprised by the news.

She told her childhood best friend that she wouldn't forgive him unless I did.

My Wolf lets out a happy yelp at the perfectness that is his Mate.

"You didn't have to do that, Seneca . . . he was your friend, the rift between me and . . . " I swallow, my voice catching at the thought of the girl who'd betrayed me, the girl for whom I'd have given my life without a moment's hesitation, "Nora . . . is something we should deal with, I mean—"

"Shh . . . " Seneca silences me with a scowl, glancing at me before dutifully turning her gaze to the road, "Your fights are mine. If she's gonna be on your 'People we can't forgive yet' list, then so is she and and her Mate gonna be in mine too, you're my fiancé, remember?"

A reflexive grin spreads across my lips at her reminder of our relationship status, and I can't help the nervous flutter of my heart at my next question, "About that . . . Seneca, I think we should wait till the end of school for the wedding . . . as much as I'd love to elope right now in Vegas, I don't think everyone would be very . . . " I trial off, searching for the right word, "approving, if we marry now, especially our teachers."

Seneca presses her lips together, her her disapproval of the situation evident in her frown, "Even if I want to say 'fuck the teachers and everyone else', I think you are right." She nods reluctantly, agreeing to my proposal. "We'll wait, after all, it's only 6 months."