Chapter Thirty Four

-Unedited

Carters P.O.V

A rhythmic beeping seems to annoy me for hours in my sleep. I can't open my eyes I'm so tired but all I can focus on is that beeping. Here and there are voices, but my eyelids are too heavy and my body seems to need more rest.

All of a sudden it gets too hot and then too cold and I finally jolt awake. Everywhere aches, especially my stomach and arms. The room is dark but a subtle glow comes off of a lamp in the far side of the room.

"Why am I in the hospital?" I mutter, feeling all too familiar with waking up in a hospital bed and extremely unfamiliar with waking up alone.

Where's Tyler? Is the only thing my mind can focus on.

I kick off the blanket immediately and look down to see IVs suck in my arms. I pull them out and swing my legs over the side of the bed, only to feel an extremely sharp pain in my stomach again. I pull up the hospital down I'm wearing to see a huge bandage pad covering the majority of my stomach, as well as probably thousands of bruises and cuts along my body.

None of that really matters to me, because something is calling me to the room across from me. I need to be in it. I need to go there.

I tip toe out of the room and quickly open the door to the one I need to be in before any doctors or nurses yell at me for being out of bed. I gently close the door and turn to face the bed.

"Tyler?" I whimper at the sight of him so broken and rush over to his side

"Baby, what the fuck happened?"

He has just as many injuries as I do and is knocked out cold. My hands immediately go to his arm and I lean over the bed to kiss his forehead.

"I'm here now, love, okay?" Tears escape my eyes as I speak against his skin. "I'm not leaving you again. I love you too much to be away from you."

Now I have the guts to say it.

"Please wake up, Ty." Tears turn to sobs. "Please wake up and say you love me back and ask me to say it again and again and then hold me and tell me everything's going to be okay."

"Please, baby."

The door opens and I can already tell I'm going to be yelled at.

"Luna, you have to go back to your room." A nurse says with a soft voice. "Both you and the Alpha need rest right now-"

"Move my bed in here." I say without taking my eyes off of him.

"I can't do that, Luna-"

"Please, don't call me that." I shake my head. "I'm not a leader right now. I'm an 18 year old girl that woke up in a hospital room without knowing the fuck why, again, but this time so is the only man that I have ever loved and he has never been hurt like this before. I don't know what to do or what happened or just about anything else - but I'm pretty sure the only thing I can do right now is be with him. I have no one left. So please, please move me into this room."

She moves closer to me, places a hand on my shoulder and nods slowly. Her smile is soft and her eyes are sad for me. "Alright sweetheart, I'll get someone to move it."

She moves one of the chairs in the corner to the bedside and has me sit. "Rest here for now."

I move to the edge of the seat and grab Tyler's hand in mine. "We're going to get through this. You're going to wake up and we're both going to get better and then fall more in love with each other and live happily ever after, okay?"