Chapter 3: The Begining

A/N: not much going on here, but it needs to be done....

Song for chapter: 30h! 3 - still around.

Watching their mate run off, Jace and Ash only had a look of concern and confusion on their faces.

“What did you do?!” Ash yelled at Jace only thinking of the image of his mate hurt and confused.

“What did I do?” Jace asked rhetorically, “What did you do, when I walked up she was pushing away from you.”

“Jace last time I talked to her she was smiling you were all that was in between, now tell me what you did!” Ash said sternly.

“She’s… my...  mate.” he whispered softly, “and she doesn’t want to be.” You could hear the hurt in his voice even through the whisper.

Ash looked at his brother in disbelief, the way Jace had said it with all honesty would have had Ash believe him, but Ash knew from this morning that Riley is HIS mate. “No, Jace she doesn’t because she’s my mate.” Ash tried to say the words in a way that Jace would understand that Ash knew his joke was a fail.

“Don’t Ash, I know she’s my mate, I could smell it on her, the sweetest sent,” Jace said simply closing his eyes to replay following the sent and finding it led to Riley. “Wild honeysuckles, and passion fruit.”

Ash stood in shock, that was her sent, when she walked around the corner and he smelt her, it was wild honeysuckles, and passion fruit. “$hit,” Ash cursed under his breath, snapping Jace out of his thoughts. “Did it feel like shock waves through your whole body when she touched you?” Ash asked snarling.

“I don’t see how that any of your business brother.” Jace snarled back.

“Jace open your eyes for once, we both smell the same sent on her, feel the same feelings when toughing her, we both claim to be her mate, and obviously by her shocked expression she realized-“

“We’re both her mate.” Jace cut in. running his hand through his thick brown hair. “$hit.”

“yeah.” Was all Ash could say.