Chapter 13 - Back To Hogwarts

Hermione's POV:

Those 2 weeks went by pretty fast. Caty, Kate, George, Fred, Harry and Ginny would spend their time playing quidditch in the backyard, while Ron just watched from the window. Fred was trying to teach me how to ride a broom, since I never really took to learning. It was hard to be honest. I had only picked up a few things. When it was time to go back To school, Kate charmed our luggage to fly, and Fred mounted me on his broom. He sat behind me, of course, and lightly kicked off the ground. Caty, Kate, and Ginny were ahead of us, doing tricks with their luggage trailing behind them. I trembled as we got higher  into the sky. I gripped the broom so hard my knuckles turned white, and apparently, Fred noticed. He chuckled.

"Nervous, 'Mione?" He said, chuckling softly.
"A little bit," I said.
"Don't worry, We're almost there," He told me.

He was right. In less than 5 minutes, Kings Cross came into view. Fred gently landed us on the ground and I dismounted, but with no grace at all. My foot got caught on the wood and if Fred hadn't caught me, I would've busted something. He put his arm behind my back and pulled me close to him so I wouldn't hit my head.

"You okay?" He asked me, his breath hitting my face.
"Yeah," I said, kissing the top of his nose.

He smiled and set me down, dismounting his broom and gathering his stuff. I got my stuff and followed him until we arrived at Platform 3/4. Caty and Kate went first, then Ginny and Caroline, then me, then Fred and George. Harry and Ron came last. We said our gracious goodbyes to Mr. and Mrs. Weasley and boarded the train. Fred, George, Caroline and I had our own cubby. We talked about school and professors mainly. I stayed quiet though. It's been all summer since everyone at school has heard of Fred and I, and I'm kinda nervous for everyone to see us still together. There was some mean people last year. Not as mean as Ron, but...

"Hermione?" Fred asked.
"What-? oh- uh, yes?"
"You alright?" Caroline questioned.
"Yeah, just...thinking," I answered quickly.

Fred studied me and then slowly went back to talking with George and Caroline. But every minute or so he would look at me with confusing looks. When we got off, Fred pulled me aside and asked what was wrong.

"I just... Fred, what if they judge us?"
"What?"
"You know, like, us together? they judged me last year..."
"Hermione don't say that! Even if they do judge you, I won't. You understand?"

I nodded as he kissed me quickly.  We got into the school and sat down at the table, me next to Fred and Caroline next to George. Ginny was beside me, away from Ron. The new kids were introduced and sorted, then the feast began. It was quite a long one. Everyone was slow this year it seemed like. I left early to get some reading in. I opened my book in my favorite chair and an hour later people started to pile in. Fred and George sprinted upstairs, talking quickly about some sort of joke product. Ginny stayed down and chatted with me for a awhile, until Fred strolled down the stairs.

"Ginny, would you leave me and Hermione To have some alone time?" He asked cooly.

Ginny giggled and left us alone. Fred sat on the couch and patted the spot next to him, ushering me to sit down. I chucked and slid into the spot next to him. He put his arm around my shoulders and sighed, looking into the fire.

"Reminds me of last year, remember? That was the day you kissed me." I said softly, laying my head on his shoulder.
"Yeah, it does," He said, rubbing his hand up and down my shoulder.
"You love me, right?" I whispered.
"Not even a question, 'Mione," he replied.
"Good," I said, "Cause I love you too."

I looked up and kissed him, feeling confident.  Was always self conscious of kissing Fred, since I didn't know if he was good with it or not. But this time, I knew he was okay with it. I broke off the kiss and headed upstairs, shooting one last smile to him before going to bed.