Chapter 13: Kei Valancia

"I really want to punch him in the throat," - Kei Valancia

~~~~~~~~~~

"Leave? Where exactly am I going." I glanced over to see Titus smiling at me while the other mystery man simply nodded.

"To Apsara." His eyes flashed gold and his jaw clenched. I narrowed my eyes at the three men, folding my arms over my chest.

"I thought we decided now wasn't the best time?" I shot the question to Ryker, but he didn't answer and I could see how close he was to losing it, so I turned my hard gaze towards Titus. He bowed deeply and I felt an irritation itch on my nerves as I saw his triumphant smile.

"My Majesty's wishes are absolute. No one can deny his command, not even your mate over there." He sounded smug and I wanted to clean the floor with his face. A particularly dirty floor.

"Hmm. Interesting," I muttered. I walked over to Ryker and laid my hand on his arm, still staring at Titus. This time his eyes narrowed as he saw my action. "Tell your king that I can't leave right now. I have my own duties to attend to."

"Your duties do not lie here. They are with the fae." I shook my head and my hand on Ryker's arm clenched.

"I've lived with werewolves my whole life and now you want me to drop everything and come to the Fae Kingdom?"

"Yes," he replied with a firm tone and I felt my control of my emotions waver, anger seeping out of the cracks in the walls that I built.

"Let me guess, there's nothing that I can do about it." I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, feeling the darkness inside of me stir as my emotions flared.

"You're quite popular nowadays, Lune." I opened my eyes and shot Ryker a playful glare.

"So not even you can defy the great Fae King. He's a powerful son-of-a-gun isn't he?"

"You have no idea," he said with a quiet sigh. "But still knowing this, I don't want you to go." He stared down at me with a heated stare and before I said my next words, I turned towards the other two men.

"I want a few moments alone with my mate. I'll give you my official answer after I summon you." I left no room for discussion and pointedly turned away, dismissing them.

"As you wish, my Highness." I knew he threw that jab on purpose trying to get a reaction from me but I simply nodded and continued to wait for him to leave. The only sound was two sets of footsteps muffled on the carpeted floor before the door opened and closed. Once they left, I sighed and leaned against his desk.

"I really want to punch him in the throat." I folded my arms across my chest and look back up at Ryker with a frown. "Like seriously. Just one little jab, that's all I ask." He chuckled and pulled me to his chest, wrapping his arms around me.

"You're not the only one," he murmured against my hair. I returned his hug and leaned my head on his chest.

"I'm glad that I'm not the only one with violent thoughts here." He kissed the top of my head before pulling away, his expression now serious.

"Kei, as much as I hate to say it, you have to go." His muscles tightened under my hands as he looked like he was preparing for war.

"We must be pretty scary," Rei said. I raised an eyebrow at him and thought since this was probably one of the last few moments we had together, I wanted to have some fun. Call me childish but hey, I won't make it too bad.

So I put a scowl on my face like an old mask and pulled away from him completely, crossing my arms over my chest and stood rigid.

"I see where this is going. You just don't want to put up with me anymore." I poked his chest with my finger, noticing how he shifted uneasily.