chapter 14

When I walked through the door Dylan was waiting up for me. "Oh my god where did you go? I tried calling you." "Sorry my phone died but I was with Cole."

Dylan looked really surprised "are you crazy?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Don't you remember what he did to you? He doesn't deserve you!" "And you do? Don't you remember what you did to me?" "Oh please you loved that, if only Cole wasn't there"

I walked past him "your unbelievable, I thought you were different." He grabbed my arm, forcing me to turn and face him. "I am different, you made me different." His face was intimately close to mine "I love you y/n" he leant down and kissed me.

I pushed him off almost instantly. "Dylan what the hell are you doing? You don't love me! You just want to have sex with me." "Why the fuck would you think that?" "That's what you do to girls, you don't actually care about them!"

Dylan looked hurt "don't you get it? Your different." "Save it Dylan your not changing my mind with flattery" I scoffed at him. Dylan pushed me against the wall, my head between his arms leaning against the wall. "I'm serious, I am head over heels for you but you can't see past your judgment to realize that."

Dylan's words were genuine and I couldn't help but gaze into his eyes. He leant towards me again but I pushed him away. "No Dylan, I'm sorry but this is so wrong." Before he could reply I went to my room and locked the door.

---
I woke up feeling horrible. My emotions were all over the place and I just wanted a cigarette. I really shouldn't though, there was no need for it but I'm addicted.

I walked out of my room to grab breakfast before I started packing. I'm glad I'm going back to Cole, I missed him so much and I couldn't be without him. I poured a bowl of cereal and sat at the table, scrolling through social media.

Dylan walked into the room with his head down. I looked up at him but he didn't look me in the eye. I thought he understood me but I'm worried about him.

"Hey" I murmured to him. He answered with a simple 'hi' and sat across me. We were never very talkative but this silence was very uncomfortable. I could tell Dylan wanted to say something but it seemed he was unsure.

Before I could talk to him there was a knock at the door. I opened the door to Cole, "hey I figured you'd need a lift." I thanked him and told him to wait inside while I gathered my things. I went to my bedroom and hoped it wouldn't be awkward between the twins.

I just finished packing when I heard one of the twins yelling. "You son of a bitch! You don't fucking deserve someone like her!" I ran to the kitchen where Dylan had Cole pushed up against the wall, yelling in his face. "Dylan get the fuck off him!" I pulled Dylan away "what are you doing?" Dylan had tears in his eyes, I had no idea he was this serious.

"I can't believe I'm losing you because of this asshole, who thinks he can just talk his way out of the shit he does." I saw Cole look down, saddened by Dylan's words but I just stared at Dylan, unsure of what to say. Dylan grabbed my arms and looked into my eyes, "I know there's no changing your mind and that you don't trust me but please y/n be careful."

There was nothing I could say to make both of them feel better so I grabbed my bag and walked out of the apartment. Cole followed me shortly and we stopped on the sidewalk. "You know it's okay if you don't want to come with me" Cole mumbled with his head down. "No I'm coming but I don't know what to feel right now." I put my hands on Coles cheeks, forcing him to look at me. "All I know is that I want to be with you."

---
When we got home, I was unpacking my things when I heard my phone buzz.

Dylan
I'm sorry for everything but please don't loose contact with me.

I decided not to reply, I had to get back into my routine again after a rough week. But I really craved a cigarette.

"Hey babe I'm just going for a walk." I said to Cole who was sitting on the sofa. He looked at me with a smug look. "What?" I laughed. "Nothing you just called me babe, but I'll come with you" he said getting up. "No no it's fine I'll only be a few minutes." "Your not going to talk to D-" "Cole no I swear I'm just going to get some air." I kissed his cheek and walked out of the apartment.

When I got to the front of the building I pulled the pack out of my jacket and lit a cigarette. It felt so good to smoke but I knew Cole would hate it if he knew I still was. I didn't understand though because he had the occasional smoke but he was angry when I had one yesterday.

After a while I put it out and took a piece of gum. I walked back up to the apartment. I sat down next to Cole who was on his phone. I cuddled into him because he was really warm even though it was freezing weather.

"I'm so glad your back, you have no idea how shit I felt all week." I felt slightly guilty but decided to brush it off, that wasn't Coles intention. "I missed you too, I dealt with it so badly." He looked down at me "what do you mean?" I chuckled slightly "I drank and smoked so much, it just wasn't me." I felt Cole kiss my head and I fell asleep in his arms.

_______________________________
Vote, comment and share ❤️

I've typed Cole so many times that 'come' autocorrects to Cole

I hope two updates in one day is good enough for y'all 😂 trying my best.