Chapter 23

Finished day 1 of exams, and decided I needed a break, so I started writing... And then I realized this chapter was waaaayyy too short to make you guys wait for 2 weeks, so I'm posting this now! :)

So sorry for the short length. Just felt like I should stop there.

Buuut... I couldn't just skip this and go straight to the confession.. You guys would feel so lost.. Hahaha...

Just pretend this two chapters are actually one.. ;)

Love you guys!!! <3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla was a nervous wreck.

She had had beautiful day today with her four favourite hunks.

After she'd unpacked and had a bath, they'd taken her around the city, site-seeing and trying whatever delicasies were offered. She had never been so stuffed with food in her life.

She had wanted to use her own money, but they wouldn't hear of it. Buying her gifts and clothes if she only looked at it a few seconds longer than a glance.

She was exasperated with them, but she felt wonderful at the same time at their attentiveness.

She had managed to get a few minutes away from them however, giving them errands and pretending she needed to pee badly while she ran to one of the souvenier shops she saw, bought a few presents that she knew she had to get when she passed the shop and quickly ran back to them, pretending she got lost.

Then again, after they'd gone out, she'd made a quick trip to the supermarket to grab a few spices and other extra ingredients she needed, even though they'd made her promise to stay inside the house.

It was hard, lying to them, especially when she could see that they knew, with the knowing look they gave her. Thankfully they said nothing of it, so she told herself it was for them, and they'd forgive her when the surprise came.

Now she was begining to think they wouldn't forgive her after all.

The last time she'd cooked her mother's dish had been exactly 8 years ago, on the day her mother had passed away. She had cooked her mum's favourite dish, waiting for her to come home to eat together. She had noticed her mum looking very stressed and tired the whole week, so just for the fun of it, she decided to surprise her mum.

Little did she know.....

Layla sighed heavily.

She didn't think she was ever going to stop missing the woman who brought her into the world. She found she couldn't seem to hate her dad either. He had been a great daddy, being there for her and being their family's stronghold. He just couldn't take losing the love of his life.

Looking at the mess in the kitchen, Layla held her throbbing head. Whatever was she going to do?

"We have 4 more hours to do this, before they get home from the meeting. Layla Roderica Morgan, we are going to do this!!!" Giving herself a mental high 5, she got to work.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Damn that dude was annoying. Wish he would have just shut up and signed the contract instead of talking shit for so long and wasting so much time." Matt grumbled loudly as they finally managed to end their meeting with their client while Damon signaled for a taxi.

"Yeah! Now we're going to be late for dinner. Poor Layla must be starving." Lysander muttered angrily. Just thinking about Layla being all alone at home and starving made him want to go back into the building and punch their client. Sure they might lose the contract, but meh... The satisfaction he got would be worth it.

"Calm down love, we've bought whatever we needed this afternoon, it'll only take me a few minutes to whip up something to feed all my loves." Rick's calm voice soothed as he squeezed Lysander's hand gently.

"Oh alright then. Can we have something chocolate for dessert pretty please? Layla loves chocolate!........... I love chocolate." Lysander added after a moment's thought, pouting and putting his two pointers together.

"Anything for you and Layla, love." Rick winked at him, causing Lysander to whoop happily, and give him a big wet kiss on the cheek.

"I wonder what Layla needed to get out of the house for." Damon said quietly, a worried frown on his face, as they got into the taxi.

"Yea, she seemed like she didn't want us to know where she was going to, that's why I didn't say anything. I just hope she's alright." Matt replied just as worriedly.

At this, Lysander calmed down and the rest of the trip back to their place was spent in silence as each of them were occupied by their worries, all concerning a very clueless woman in their villa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, vote and comment!!! ^_^

I promise the next chapter will get more exciting!! ;)