Chapter 1

Luna.

"Luna!" I heard a yell from behind me and I quickly turned around to see what was happening I sighed to myself when I noticed it was only Caroline. "Hey!" She cheered as she caught up with me. I smiled at her as she continued to speak "What are you going as tonight?"

I raised my eyebrow at her in confusion and she just gave me a shocked look. "Seriously?" That was Caroline's catchphrase. "The Halloween dance at the school." This revelation just caused me to roll my eyes. 

Caroline was head of the dance committee and let's just say she liked her dances. "Care, really?" I continued to walk towards my house after leaving the school. "It's nowhere near Halloween!" I exclaimed, pointing out the fact we were only in May.

"That's the fun of it! It's unexpected, full of fun!" She spoke and I looked towards her, seeing her walking by my side. "Ooooh, we should go as like a pair." I nodded, keeping my mouth shut. Her and Tyler were on a somewhat 'break' as Klaus was now Tyler's sire and Tyler did whatever Klaus wanted him to.

"Yeah, that'd be fun!" I faked enthusiasm, not wanting to mention the touchy subject of Tyler. 

"Great! I'll get costumes and come round yours with yours!" She spoke and before I could reply she was gone. Perks of vampirism I guess. I, myself, was a werewolf - but not really.

I had the gene but I refused to turn. I wanted a somewhat normal life and I didn't want to kill anyone! I mean sure, almost all of my friends are something supernatural but I want to stay the way I am. I like me.

That's the problem. As I was a werewolf - or had the gene should I say - and Klaus is looking for werewolves to turn... well life wasn't too great for me right now. I had to stay hidden in the shadows so he wouldn't start to question what I was or how I was involved with 'The Mystic Falls Gang.'

I soon arrived home and walked in to see my mother was typing away on the laptop. I smiled over at her and she waved slightly before going back to typing. My mother and I were never super close, I was closer to my father as he was the werewolf of the family and was teaching me what to do in case I ever turned accidentally.

But unfortunately, six years ago, back in England, my father had turned and ended up in someone's garden. The person shot him without realising he was actually a human. I mean, I could never explain it so mum and I just moved away to avoid questions and we ended up here - probably the most supernatural place on the planet!

I grabbed a Dr Pepper from the fridge and jogged up the stairs to my room to do my homework.

About an hour later, Caroline, Elena and Bonnie showed up. "Hey," I greeted them with a smile just as I finished my math homework. Bonnie quickly joined me on my bed as Elena sat on my spinny chair at my desk and Caroline stood in the centre of the room.

"Bonnieeee," She smiled cheerily as she handed Bonnie a stereotypical witch costume to which Bonnie just gave Caroline a look. Caroline ignored the look as she handed Elena a vampire costume to which Elena raised her eyebrow at.