I Waited For You (Nakajima Atsushi)

Angst Atsushi x Reader was requested by okipromiseimnormal!

Yes, yes... This drabble is angst so get ready!

Just around the corner from his small apartment, stood a fancy restaurant you've always seem to love. You didn't mind if your boyfriend, Atsushi took you there on every single date. And today was a special day for you. It was your birthday. Atsushi put on his best suit with a proud smile on his face. He couldn't wait to see you.

Arriving a little early to the date, he picked out your favorite table to eat in the restaurant. He waited patiently for you to arrive.

He waited.

Waited.

And waited.

No phone calls, no texts.

A small sigh escaped from his lips as he pondered in his mind. You got a brand new job you finally wanted for so long. And that job happened to be at the Armed Detective Agency. That's when you and Atsushi first met resulting in falling in love with each other. The president would always send you two into missions and work together as a team.

It was like a powerful combo duo. You and Atsushi were unstoppable- together.

People in the workplace would always swoon over how cute the two of you were. Atsushi was especially sweet to you, always surprising you with all sorts of gifts. Taking a day off for you when you were sick so he could take care of you. Him visiting to your house to cuddle on the couch while watching TV. Everything was perfect for him. It was perfect for you too.

It's been 2 hours now.

Why didn't he just leave already? He tried calling you 20 times now, plus texting you but it never send. Same thing with the calls. You never answered. You always had your phone silent when you were working in night shifts.

"Oh, (F/N) chan..." he whispered quietly, smiling a bit to see a vision of your cheerful face in his head.

"Hello, sir? You've been here for awhile. Are you perhaps waiting for someone again?" one of the waiter asked, a bit worried.

"Yes, I am. She'll be here in a few minutes." Atsushi answered with a reassuring grin as the waiter nodded and walked away.

If only he wasn't lying.

If only he wasn't lying to himself all these years...

He lifted the silver fork as he tapped it lightly against the clean spotless plate. Sighing, he picked up a knife that was left on the table, carefully carrying it.

"Ouch." he accidentally dropped the silverware, cutting his finger with blood gushing out of it. He picked up the knife from the floor again until the blood on his hands gushed out more blood like a river. Now his hands were a bloody mess.

He remembered what he didn't want to remember.

His hands slowly transformed into his two tiger paws, still being a bloody mess.

'No. Stop.' he didn't want this.

His heart slowly accelerating into an fast pacing speed as he felt his stomach churn. Feeling sick, he realized was he had done. With a single tear rolling down his cheeks, Atsushi licked the blood off his lips as he slowly lifted his head. In front of him was you lying down on the ground in a pool of blood. Your eyes were lifeless, like a dead fish. Missing one arm, your head decapitated, and a few bones broken.

He didn't intend for this to happen.

It was an accident.

Now he knew. You're never going to arrive to your favorite restaurant Atsushi promised he would take you again.

Every once a year, he waited for you in this very spot. But you won't come.

Because he killed you a long time ago.

❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃❃

I apologize that this chapter was a little sucky, I suck at writing angst ;-;

I intended this to be a one shot at first, but I wanted to kept it like a angsty feel (?)

Anyways, sorry that the little tiger accidentally killed you during a mission you had. He suddenly had no control of himself and turned into a tiger, unaware of what was happening...