Rejecting the Rejected: Chapter 6

Dedicated to begin263 for being a truly amazing and supportive fan

IMPORTANT: Read note at end of chapter (Or else…) Just kidding! I just think it is really important for you guys to know what is going to happen with this story!!

Chapter 6

I coughed on my own spit. “W-what the heck do you mean?” I asked barely over a whisper.

What the heck does he mean ‘my mom’? My mom died in a car crash when I was two!

He wasn’t looking at me and he was pacing my room running a hand through his hair. He was mumbling incoherent things.

“What do you mean my mom?’ I asked him louder.

He turned towards me with a glassy look over his face. “She’s back.”

I stared at him wide-eyed. “No, my mom is dead. You told me she died in a car crash.” I got out of my bed and shook my head.

He continued pacing back and forth. “How could this be? She wasn’t supposed to get you until your eighteenth birthday! Too soon!” He mumbled under his breath.

“Who dad? Who is coming to get me?”  I asked him worriedly.

He paced back and forth faster. “This can’t be. It isn’t supposed to happen! She’s so young.”

I was getting angry now. “Tell me who is it dad.” My voice boomed over his ramblings. My voice radiated power. Power like an alpha had over its pack.

But that is impossible! My dad isn’t an alpha, I don’t have alpha blood. Unless… The fearful look on my dad’s face confirmed my suspicions.

“My mother was an alpha?” I asked him.

He winced. “Is. She is an alpha. And she has come to take you away from me.”

My head was spinning from so many questions I felt like I was about to fall to the ground. What does he mean by she is an alpha? He told me she was dead!

He sighed and ran a shaky hand through his hair. “Sit down and I will explain everything to you.” He motioned towards the bed.

I was so out of it I nodded and sat down numbly. I looked at him to continue.

“Long ago, before I had met your mother, I was an easy going young man who always got what he wanted. I met Martha, who was a beautiful human girl with the kindest heart.” He cracked a sad smile. “You, see I was the womanizer back in my day.” I let out a small laugh even though my head felt like it was about to burst. “I got every girl I wanted, and I believed Martha would be no exception. I was a stupid boy to think that. She was the most stubborn lady I have ever met. She would not give in.” He shook his head in amusement. “One day, after months and months of asking her to go on a date with me, she finally said yes. I was the happiest man alive. We went on our date, and everything was fine until Martha got up to go to the bathroom.” His eyes darkened. “Your mother walked by and all I could smell was the most delicious smell…” He trailed off with a dreamy look on his face. He seemed to snap out of it and growled at the memory. “She was my mate. And a beauty at that.”

“When our eyes met I knew that very moment that she was mine. I was about to get up and talk to her, a man came up and kissed my beautiful mate.” He growled. “I could barely hold back my wolf. We both wanted to kill him then and there. All my mate did was send a little smile my way and walk away with that punk.”

He stopped for a minute, but I urged him with my eyes to continue. “I tried to forget about your mother, and I ended up marrying Martha not even a year later. I never thought I would see her again until one night.” His eyes sprinkled with tears. “She showed up to my house one night when Martha was out of town on a business trip, and of course I let her in. I was stupid not to ask any questions but when she ran into my arms all I could think about was protecting my mate. She told me that she was wrong to walk out like that on me and that she wanted to be with me. That night…” He coughed uncomfortably but continued anyways. “She didn’t want me to mark her yet, so I respected her decisions. The next morning I woke up and she was gone.”