20 - Roman VS Greek

I felt flustered as I arrived home. I wanted to scream yet, at the same time, I just wanted to go to bed and forget that all of this had ever happened.

It wasn't fair!

My mother thought she knew everything. Every move I wanted to make was wrong. I couldn't make any correct decisions in my life it seemed. I growled lowly as I jammed my key into my lock and jerked it. I opened my door and stomped into my house before slamming my door behind me.

I paused in my main hallway to take a breath. I noticed that my house was unreasonably dim and began to reach for the light switch.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Welcome home, my darling," Jay said emerging from my living room. He was dressed in slacks and a button down shirt. His hair was even slicked back and his cologne was lightly wafting through the air. It was a pleasurable smell. I looked him up and down admiring his dressed up effort but silently questioning it as well.

"Where is Carmen taking you?" I asked after a minute.

"Nowhere tonight," Jay answered smoothly. He came up behind me began to tug on my jacket signaling for me to take it off.

"She said you two had something planned for tonight?"

Jay nodded as he took my jacket and hung it up. "We did have plans but then she got caught up with the bank and said that she was too stressed to go out. I offered to come over anyway and she told me that tonight was just not a great night to get together. So rather than arguing with her, I followed through with some back up plans."

My eyebrows rose in surprise. "Where are you going then? Taking some special lady with you?"

Jay shoved his hands in his pockets and leaned casually against a wall. I couldn't help but notice his suave and sexy appearance. I averted my attention and cleared my throat just as he smirked.

"I'm hoping to take a special lady with me."

I met his crystal eyes briefly before looking back down at the ground. He kneeled down on one knee and grabbed my hand. Suddenly keeping my gaze on the floor meant looking straight into the beautiful eyes of the British boy living in my house.

"Will you," Jay began dramatically. "Wow, this is difficult give me a minute." He took a moment to clear his throat and think about what he was saying. I laughed at his attempt to be sheepish and nervous. "Will you, Evelyn, my sweet flower, accompany me to a fabulous dinner for two?"

I rolled my eyes and pulled my hand away from his grasp. I honestly did not feel like going out tonight especially if there was dressing up involved.

Regardless of my lack of energy, I decided to humor him and to play along. "Oh where, my dear darling Jay, would we go on this dinner for two?"

"Well that is the beauty of a mystery, is it not?" Jay said putting his hand on the small of my back and pushing me along. "I want you to go and get all dolled up and beautiful for me then we shall go for our dinner for two."

I began to argue with him but he pushed me into my room before I could protest. I huffed when I was in my room but eventually slumped over to my closet and sorted through my clothes. There were numerous cocktail dresses to choose from but none of them felt as classy as Jay was presenting himself.

I reached into the back of my tiny closet and almost threatened to spill the entire contents of it onto my room but I managed to hold it all in. I felt a plastic back and yanked it out. I found a floor length strapless red sparkling dress. I had no idea ever buying such a thing but I shrugged and decided it would do. I wasn't surprised that I didn't recognize it. I had a million and one things in my closet and I had most certainly never seen anything resting in the back of it.