Chapter 4.

Kailani "Kay" In MM.

Kay POV -

It's been a couple of weeks since the whole Life situation &' quite frankly, I'm scared out of my mind. I've been having these nightmares of him ALMOST killing me. Almost. Everytime he's about to kill me I end up waking up. I've also been pretty distant from my dad, but only because I feel like being left alone. The only person i've been really talking to is Nicky, We've gotten really close over these past couple of weeks. I've been on my toes, not knowing when or where I'll see Life at.

It was going on 6pm, & I decided to go walking. Slipping on my sneakers I slowly make my way out of my room. Passing by the living room I let my dad know I was headed out. Finally making it to the little park I sit on the swings, & put my head phones in blasting J. Cole - Grown Simba. Sitting there for a couple of more hours, I finally decide to head home. Making my way past a group of boys I pick up my pace.

"Aye ma? Whea' you goin' this time of the night?" Says one of dudes from the group.

Ignoring his question, I try to walk past them but they block my way.

"Aye bitch, you'n hea me talkin' to you?" He asks, snatching me up by my arm.

"Let me go." I say, trying to yank my arm from his grasp.

Laughing slightly, he pulls my arm harder.

"Nah baby, we finna have some fun wit'chu." He says.

Attempting to get him off of me, I start to put up a fight. Getting tired of my struggling the man backhands me, making me fall to the ground.

"Get'cho ass up bitch!" He exclaims, while kicking me in my stomach.

Trying to take the licks the dude was giving me, I notice a car slowly pulling over.

"Da' fuck y'all niggas doin' HUH!?" Yells the familiar voice.

"Aye bruh, this ain't got shit to do wit'chu patna." The dude says while backing up from me.

"Oh it don't huh?" The man says walking out from the dark.

"Hell na-" the dude pauses he sentence. "Life? Oh shit man, I ain' even know that was you." He says nervously, looking for his friends who had ran away.

Laughing humorlessly, he looks down at me.

"Oh you didn't?" He says slowly walking towards the boy.

"Nah ma-" the dude says, before getting punched in his jaw by life.

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHO YOU THOUGHT I WAS G! " he yells, making me flinch from my spot on the cold ground. Punching the man continually, Life whispers something in his ear making the boy shake &' run away.

Looking at me, Life wipes his hands on his pants before speaking.

"Get up." He says with no kind emotion in his voice.

Slowly getting up, without cause myself pain I keep my eyes on my shoes.

"Da' fuck you doing out round hea' this time of the night anyway girl?" He says while glaring at me.

To scared to even speak, I keep my mouth close &' my eyes stayed focused on my shoes.

"Yo, you don't hea' me talkin' to you Kailani?!" He says raising his voice a little.

Pushing the fact that he remembered my name to the back of my mind, I decide to answer him.

"I was walking home from the park." I say quietly.