Gerard the Day Tripper

Gerard wakes up to confusion. He wakes up to warmth, and he wakes up to a feeling of content. He feels really pleasant in a really new way, one that he's not familiar with.

He feels like he's just been sat in a spa for a few years and he feels so unbelievably rejuvenated that his limbs don't want to move.

Gerard's mind is pretty blank from having slept, so he's not exactly sure where he is. The room is too dark for him to be able to tell. He knows that something is different though. The mattress feels different. It's a lot nicer than the one Gerard's used to sleeping on. The pillow is a lot nicer too. Gerard's sure it has to be one of those expensive memory foam pillows, and it's absolutely fantastic, but he could never afford one of those. Gerard splurges on things like buying potato chips. All he eats is ramen, so, no, Gerard cannot possibly own a hundred dollar pillow.

The biggest thing he notices is the fact that he's way too warm and comfortable for him to be the only one producing body heat. Something else very warm is really close to him so he's got to be in bed with someone. It takes him a while to figure that part out, and then he's got to try to remember how on earth he ended up being in some guy's bed. Well he's pretty sure he understands why he's in someone's bed, given the fact that he can tell he's not wearing any clothes, but the question is how.

Last night he was talking to Frank so how on earth could he have wound up in some guys bed?

Oh.

Gerard's eyes pop open when he realizes that the reason he can't remember what he did after leaving Frank's apartment is because he never left Frank's apartment. From there it's pretty easy to figure out where he is.

Gerard mentally slaps himself in the face, but he doesn't actually because he's not sure he can do so without accidentally waking up Frank. Gerard's pretty sure he's still asleep. Now that he's realized what's happening he can make out Frank's breathing, slow and consistent.

Gerard opens his eyes, lets them adjust to the dark so that he doesn't trip over something. He's facing away from Frank, but he's pretty sure that Frank's arm is on his waist and that freaks him out more than he'd care to admit. Why on earth is Frank touching him? Was that intentional or did his hand just end up there? Is Frank a sleep cuddler or something? Gerard likes to hope that he hadn't been a willing participant in fucking spooning with Frank, because that's messed up. Gerard cannot be in Frank's bed, that can't happen, but what would be a million times worse is if he was also willingly pressed up against Frank like this. He's going to assume it's an accident. It has to be, Frank doesn't like him. Well he obviously likes Gerard, but he doesn't, as a teenager would say 'like him like him.'

He makes the decision after way too long to get up and get the fuck out of this apartment. He cannot be here right now. He doesn't even know why he stayed over. That just doesn't seem like him. True, this has been one of his best night sleeps in a very long time, but he can't allow himself to like Frank. That's out of the question.

Gerard rolls over the slightest bit until Frank's hand falls to the mattress. Gerard's heart stops as he waits for Frank to either wake up and have a conniption over the fact that Gerard is still in his bed, or some other unpredictable reaction. Much to Gerard's relief he doesn't wake up, he just sort of lies there, and makes a noise.

Gerard lets himself breathe a little, because his heart rate is too fast from the fear of waking Frank up. He honestly has the same feeling he would associate with being in a horror movie. He's that terrified.

Gerard rushes to find his clothes, and pulls everything on as quickly as he can. He feels kind of gross, really wishes he could take a shower and wash the smell of Frank off of him, because Frank smells really nice and Gerard just can't have that. He cannot live with the fact that he likes the way Frank smells. He would buy that as a candle scent, seriously, Frank smells amazing. That fact bothers Gerard. He's not exactly sure himself what he smells like, because Gerard can't really sniff himself. His nose doesn't pick up the way he smells because he's so accustomed to it. If Gerard has to guess, he'd say that he smells like coffee and mildly dirty laundry.